We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

Which State College hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
State College...
What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

I will finish my final exams on Dec. 17 at 3:00 pm and have a flight that will leave from JFK on Dec. 18 at 6:30 pm.

What would be the best way to get to JFK? (By the way I can't drive and I don't want to take a taxi there)

Thanks

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 36
1. Re: What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

One answer is to take the Greyhound bus from State College to Harrisburg, and then transfer to Amtrak for the JFK service. (They run a connecting bus from Penn Station to JFK). You could also try posting in the NY forum to see if there are any easier ways to connect to JFK from Amtrak.

But it's the schedule that looks like it might be tricky. You'd need to take the bus out of State College on Dec 17 and spend the night in either Harrisburg or Philadelphia, and then continue the next morning in order to have plenty of time to make your flight. You might want to re-post in the Harrisburg or Philadelphia forum to see if anyone has any good hotel ideas.

Elizabethtown...
reviews: 22
2. Re: What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

When I was a college student, there was a "ride board" where students posted notes requesting and offering rides to certain areas (granted, I didn't go to Penn State.) I would think that out of the thousands of undergrad and grad students there, you'd be able to find a ride to NY, or at least Harrisburg or Philly in order to take the route described by Aster. Even a student from NJ would likely be able to drop you at a PATH station where you could get a train to JFK. Just a thought....

Clearfield...
3. Re: What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

Can you fly from the State College Airport to JFK?

State College...
4. Re: What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

The problem with taking a flight there is the cost...I'm on a fairly modest student budget.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 1
5. Re: What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

You can take a megabus from State College to New York City. It’s easy, and inexpensive, to get to JFK on the subway from there. Check out the bus schedule & price here:

http://us.megabus.com/routemap.aspx

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 80
6. Re: What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

Megabus.com is showing a bus from State College leaving at 7:55 pm on Dec. 17 and arriving in NYC at 12:35 am for $26.00. Unfortunately, that time schedule isn't the greatest and you would still need to work out transportation from where the Megabus unloads at 7th Ave & 28th St to JFK.

I would agree with the post by thefourskis and try to locate a ride with another student to NYC or the surrounding area.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
7. Re: What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

I agree with FlyEagle & thefourskis it makes sense to try to share a ride with another student to NYC. Bus schedules may not be the best, but it’s nice to visit even a day in NYC this time of year, if you want to make the most of a travel delay. It’s very easy to connect to JFK from where any of these buses let you off. Just post any questions about that for posters on the NYC forum.

You can also take gotobus. Check their schedule here:

http://bit.ly/hgbZ8Y

Have a good trip

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
8. Re: What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

Another bus choice is Dragon Deluxe bus.

www.dragondeluxe.com

State College...
9. Re: What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

I found a girl to go with me as we are at the same airport and our flights leave around the same time. Unfortunately she is just as lost as I am. Her flight will leave at 3 pm so now we are considering staying at a hotel near JFK the night before. What do you guys think of that idea?

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
10. Re: What is the best way to get from State College, PA to JFK ”

Staying at a hotel near JFK is useful for an early flight, BUT you are looking at one of the most expensive times of the year for NYC area hotels. Plus near JFK you get stuck at a hotel, with nothing else to do, and no other choices for eating or much else.

Be aware many airport hotels there don’t get good reviews, so I would really ask for better suggestions on the NYC forum. Good Luck

Get answers to your questions about State College