We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Pirates Tickets Sell Out?

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hazleton...
reviews: 73
Do Pirates Tickets Sell Out?

My husband and I are going to Pittsburgh for a long weekend May 2-5. We would like to see a Pirates game. Should we get tickets far in advance (I would like to see weather wise what day would be better)? Do tickets sell out?

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
reviews: 30
1. Re: Do Pirates Tickets Sell Out?

They do sell out sometimes, but not all the time. I checked the promotions the weekend you'll be here, and there are no fireworks or concerts which I think tend to be the games that sell out. I'm sure there are people on this forum with more personal experience in buying tickets than I have though--if I go to two games a summer that's a lot. So I am mostly going from what I've read in the paper and on this forum.

Enjoy your visit!

Hazleton...
reviews: 73
2. Re: Do Pirates Tickets Sell Out?

Thanks for the reply!

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 60
3. Re: Do Pirates Tickets Sell Out?

Typically, the only sell outs happen on Friday or Saturday night; however, there is competition for the best seats in each price category. So if you know you are going to a game, the earlier you buy, the better your chances are at a good seat for your money.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 97
4. Re: Do Pirates Tickets Sell Out?

Generally, I advise people to purchase ahead if they are coming into town specifically for Baseball. Especially if you are visiting over a weekend, you may end up disappointed on any given Friday- Sunday (Yes, there were several Sunday sell-outs last year/with some SRO available). If you are nearby Pittsburgh, then you can probably afford to wait to be sure the weather is right and seats are still available.

Basically, most seats in PNC are good to excellent-- with the exception of the bleachers which face away from the city view. For less than $25 you can get greats seats, even the highest up, but still in a great section (right behind Home plate), and surrounded by really fun fans. Recommend you stick to lower levels if steps are an issue for anyone traveling with you. Also, if you are really concerned about the weather, you can always call and ask for seats that are under an overhang, so you won't get too wet if it rains.

Enjoy your visit to Pittsburgh!

5. Re: Do Pirates Tickets Sell Out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 18, 2014