We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OMG! mlb.com(Pirate Tix) Completely Sucks!!!

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, PA
reviews: 35
OMG! mlb.com(Pirate Tix) Completely Sucks!!!

mlb.com almost caused me to cancel this trip,

It is terrible!

Have you ever tried to use it?

If Not - Try it...mlb.com - Try to buy tickets...

It is user unfriendly, awkward, not intuitive, URGH...Frustrating...

Plus the Fees - $36 Tix turned into almost $50...

So, Anywhoo...We are considering a 2nd Pirate game & a second night....How about we just walk up to a Tix window...

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 97
1. Re: OMG! mlb.com(Pirate Tix) Completely Sucks!!!

Not sure if this was a rhetorical question. . . .but, just in case, I'll bite:

While many locals still wait to see what the weather is like, and then buy their tickets on Game Day, I wouldn't advise this in your case. If you are coming to town expressly to see a Pirates game, it is recommended that you arrive tickets in hand. There have been more and more sell-outs each season, especially on weekend games, so you don't want to wind up paying a scalper twice the face value, or-- worse yet-- watching the game on TV.

We usually sit up pretty high, behind Home Plate, and have a great view in a fun section, right in the middle of everything. Tickets here last year were just $18 each. Don't spend a fortune. All seats are pretty good at PNC, although I wouldn't buy bleachers because you miss the great City View.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 97
2. Re: OMG! mlb.com(Pirate Tix) Completely Sucks!!!

Sections 313-320 are $20-$23 (higher on Saturday night) each this year. One caution about this section: LOTS OF STEPS! If you have someone who has trouble with them, better stick to the lower levels. Enjoy!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
3. Re: OMG! mlb.com(Pirate Tix) Completely Sucks!!!

I've had no issues getting tickets via the Pirates website - I've also used other club's websites (connected to mlb) and even gotten tickets via my smartphone. I did like it better when ticketmaster managed this, but you will find the "fees" are charged whether you purchase in advance, at a kiosk, or at the window. Same fees, except for expedited delivery. Stubhub offers some options and there are plenty of resellers who are around on gameday. Unless it's a popular team or rivalry, I generally walk up and get what I want. Cove seats are pretty nice, because they are pre-loaded with a $10 credit on food. They are upper right field corner. As stated, ALL seats have a pretty great view.

Pittsburgh...
4. Re: OMG! mlb.com(Pirate Tix) Completely Sucks!!!

If you are coming in solely for a Pirates game then I recommend spending the extra $15 or a so a ticket and get club boxes or something in the lower levels. Pretty much the entire ball park has a good view of the game but if you are making it an experience and paying to travel then you might as well have good seats.

West Conshohocken...
reviews: 112
5. Re: OMG! mlb.com(Pirate Tix) Completely Sucks!!!

Another alternative would be to wait and try StubHub.

At least with SH there is no such thing as a sell out and there are always hundreds if not several thousand tickets available for each game. Of course the downside is that you more then likely will pay over face but if you not looking to part with cash months in advance and are going to see a weekday game versus a non-prime opponent then tickets especially for more mid-level seating shouldn’t be outrageous.

Last year people were on SH dumping Phillies tickets for June, July and August games for under face. I went to two games where I scored $35 dollar seats for $9.95 a piece.

The Pirates are not making the postseason this year and unless you’re looking to go over 4th of July, Labor Day or when they’re playing a playoff caliber team like the Dodgers, Tigers or maybe even the Phillies I can’t imagine weekday games against the Astros, Cubs, and Mariners are going to draw a ton where people would be getting a premium on tickets.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 17
6. Re: OMG! mlb.com(Pirate Tix) Completely Sucks!!!

Thanks for the suggestion about StubHub...buddy of mine and I are planning a trip to Pittsburgh in August to see a game (first weekend to be exact) and this is just the information I needed.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
7. Re: OMG! mlb.com(Pirate Tix) Completely Sucks!!!

There is a deal on groupon for pirate tickets. You have a choice of six games...

8. Re: OMG! mlb.com(Pirate Tix) Completely Sucks!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 12, 2014