We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Ideas?

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 5
Any Ideas?

My dad-in-law and I will be in town this weekend for the Pirates game. Just got a $78 deal for the Omni. Is this within walking distance? Any recommendations for restaurants for before the game (we'll be in shorts and polo)? What about a bar afterwards (remember, I'm with my wife's father)? Any info would really help. Thanks.

Pittsburgh, PA
reviews: 15
1. Re: Any Ideas?

Hi--the Omni is within walking distance of PNC Park but it's a bit of a hike. You have about 10-15 minutes of walking in town before you get to the Clemente Bridge--cross the bridge and you're in PNC Park. There are restaurants and bars all around PNC Park. They can be pretty crowded before and after the games, though. There's a nice restaurant, Palomino, in Four Gateway Center where you can dress casually. Also a Max and Erma's in downtown, if you want something more low key. There's a bar inside the Omni, and a Starbuck's too. The weather this weekend is supposed to be great!

Pittsburgh, Pa.
reviews: 36
2. Re: Any Ideas?

Welcome to Pittsburgh! When you're leaving the game, and you cross the Clemente Bridge and continue straight, the Renaissance Hotel on the left has a nice bar inside. Also, on the right there is a martini bar called Olive or Twist. (The bars around the park are good if you want to just stay there.)

The next cross street is Penn Avenue and there are some restaurants there you might want to check out. The Sonoma Grill is supposed to be good, and there is also a good one by the O'Reilly Theater, Cafe something, that is recommended. I'm sorry I can't remember the name. I would second the recommendation on Palomino, too.