We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Company picnic/outing events

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster
reviews: 22
Company picnic/outing events

I'm looking for some great locations or events to hold our annual employee (and family) get-together this summer. It would be for a group of approx. 30-40 people, adults & children, consisting of all ages. We have a cap on the budget of approx. $30 per person. We could just hold a picnic at a park, but have the picnic focused around an event or special location.

I've done some research on Kennywood Park, a minor league baseball game, and the Pittsburgh Zoo. Most of the employees are located near the central or northern part of the city, so I'd like to make it convenient to travel.

Thanks!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
reviews: 4
1. Re: Company picnic/outing events

Settlers Cabin Park is right out the parkway near Robinson area and has a gorgeous wave pool. They also have very nice picnic areas.

My step-sister had her son's graduation party there, but it's been almost 6 years ago so that's the most updated info I have on the park.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 35
2. Re: Company picnic/outing events

Moraine State Park, McConnell's Mill

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
reviews: 28
3. Re: Company picnic/outing events

If the minor league team you are talking about is the Washington Wildthings, then I HIGHLY recommend an outing with them. We did that last year and had about 40 people (our youth baseball team and parents) and had a wonderful time. They really take care of you!

Another option would be Idlewild Park. It isn't too far from Pittsburgh, and the group rate is only $19 on the weekend or $17 on a weekday. http://www.idlewild.com/

You may also consider Sandcastle Waterpark (near Kennywood). http://www.sandcastlewaterpark.com/

They have many options, and their group rate is $17.50 per person. You may want to consider something different at Sandcastle, like the Drive-in movie/ All you can eat buffet for $12 per person. That also includes swimming and the slides.

Good luck, and if you choose one of the above suggestions, or find something else that is "unique" for a large group, please post it for the rest of us.

4. Re: Company picnic/outing events

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 29, 2009