We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is the area around the Double tree safe? cab fares?

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
is the area around the Double tree safe? cab fares?

Staying at the Doubletree in August, what will the average cab fare cost from the hotel to Univ. Pitts. Med. Center? Any good plays or events during the week of Aug 12?

pa
reviews: 4
1. Re: is the area around the Double tree safe? cab fares?

I have stayed at the Doubletree and enjoyed it. I don't know about cab fares. Downtown is very walkable. For plays or events try this site: www.pgharts.org

I recommend taking an incline ride (there are two inclines) up to Mt. Washington at night to view the city and lights. It is really pretty. You could walk, or the hotel might have a shuttle to Station Square where you can catch the incline.

Boston
2. Re: is the area around the Double tree safe? cab fares?

thank you for the information, I checked the website, looks like a quiet week in Pittsburgh the week we are going.

Pittsburgh, Pa.
reviews: 30
3. Re: is the area around the Double tree safe? cab fares?

Hi- I very much recommend the Dale Chiluhly exhibit at the Phipps Conservatory, in Oakland not too far from UPMC. It is open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights.

I don't know what kind of music you like but check www.wyep.org for any concerts at smaller clubs that might be in town that week. Also you can walk from Doubletree to PNC Park if you like baseball. If you've never been here before, be sure to go up the incline.

Note that Pittsburgh does not have the greatest cab service. Plenty of buses go from downtown to Oakland. and you might find it more convenient to hop one. The Doubletree area is safe and there is a sprinkling of nice restaurants nearby but downtown is not the center of Pgh. nightlife.

4. Re: is the area around the Double tree safe? cab fares?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 01, 2009