We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pocono store with pet raccoon

Which Mount Pocono hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 36
Pocono store with pet raccoon

Hello, I am reaching out to fellow trip advisors.. Just returned from our 30th anniversary trip to Poconos, My husband and I went to Brookdale in the Pocono's 30yrs ago, ( I know they closed in 2008) however we were able to find it, and take a picture from a distance. Now we have pictures from 30yrs ago of a store that we went into that had pet raccoons outside the store ( I have been avid collector of raccoons since I was little) I have picture of me petting the raccoon. We figure it must have been in the vicinity of the resort, Obviously, we know that the raccoons would not be there today, but we were wondering if anyone remembers this and if the store is still there. My husband and I were being nostalgic thought we would throw this out there and see what happens.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Mount Pocono
reviews: 28
1. Re: Pocono store with pet raccoon

Hi nooccaraa,

The only place that comes to mind is House of Candles on route 715, which isn't far from where Brookdale was. The candle factory is still there. Click the following for a slide show:

www.houseofcandles.com/indexnew.cfm…

LaughlinSue

Edited: 9:00 am, October 05, 2013
2. Re: Pocono store with pet raccoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 15, 2014