We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Weather this weekend

Which Mount Pocono hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey City, New...
The Weather this weekend

Hi-

We are a family of 4 with a 6 yrs old and a year old kids. We have booked at Comfort Inn at poconos. We have been following the weather this weekend and it doesnt look encouraging. There is a thunderstorm forecasted (50% chances) on Sat and showers (50% chances) on Sun. My question is - Is the weather too strong to jeopardise the trip? What places we should visit to avoid bad weather? Appreciate your early response.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 157
1. Re: The Weather this weekend

I also am heading up to my house in the Pocono's. Sunday will be cold and rainy.I just can't think of much to do inside. The children would love Great Wolf lodge in Scotrun but I think you have to stay there to access the indoor waterpark. The kids might enjoy the American Candle shop on Rt 611 but I can't think of much else to do in such bad weather.

Jersey City, New...
2. Re: The Weather this weekend

Thanks lenk58

We are planning for 2 nights, coming in Saturday and moving out on Monday. Do you think it is worth taking the risk of bad weather to compensate on Monday? I was planning to visit the following, let me know what else we should cover.

1. Big Pocono State Park

2. Tobyhanna State park

3. The Paradise Trout Hatchery

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 157
3. Re: The Weather this weekend

They are predicting that Sunday will be a cold wet day so I don't think you will enjoy anything outdoors.

Pa
reviews: 1
4. Re: The Weather this weekend

Given your planned outdoor activities and the poor weather forecast, I'd cancel this weekend and hope for a better one this month or next.

5. Re: The Weather this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 21, 2014