We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a place for a reception in the area of bushkill falls

Which Mount Pocono hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brewerton, New...
reviews: 1
need a place for a reception in the area of bushkill falls

i am currently trying to plan a wedding ceremony at bushkill falls but am having a hard time finding a venue for the reception. was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.....

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Mount Pocono
reviews: 25
1. Re: need a place for a reception in the area of bushkill falls

You should contact the Pocono Mountain Vacation Bureau. I've worked with them in the past (on a business level), and they are wonderful folks. They will help you without any cost to you.

In the meantime, check out their page. It might give you some ideas.

I wish you much luck and congratulations!

http://www.800poconos.com/

LaughlinSue

Brewerton, New...
2. Re: need a place for a reception in the area of bushkill falls

Thanks Sue! I'll check them out. Planning things in an unfamiliar area is never easy?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Mount Pocono
reviews: 25
3. Re: need a place for a reception in the area of bushkill falls

That is very true. I wish you luck. If there is anything I might be able to help you with, please let me know. Congratulations!

LaughlinSue

Morris County, NJ
reviews: 744
4. Re: need a place for a reception in the area of bushkill falls

We had our wedding and reception at the Shawnee Inn. (I do not work for them, even though I seem to plug them all the time). Its located right on the Delaware river. Its a fantastic place for a wedding and reception.

Poconos
5. Re: need a place for a reception in the area of bushkill falls

Good friend of mine had her reception at Pocono Environmental Education Center (peec.org).... I think she had to bring in her own caterer, but it was a really special night. PEEC, while a rustic place overall, has this really cool "green" building for a cafeteria, and it really looked great all lit up at night in the middle of the woods. Likely much cheaper than Shawnee, but not sure how much that matters to you. Just a suggestion for something out of the box. It's a bit closer to Bushkill Falls than Shawnee, (it's the other direction, north up Route 209), but really not a huge difference.

As an added benefit, folks can stay in cabins or yurts at PEEC itself. Bonfires at night, etc. Again, rustic. Not luxurious. No golf course or anything. But we all had a great time.

6. Re: need a place for a reception in the area of bushkill falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, May 06, 2014