We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hillcrest farms resort

Which Mount Pocono hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
hillcrest farms resort

Does anyone remember a family resort in the 1980's named Hillcrest farms? When I was a kid my family would go there every summer in August for a week. It was really close to Mount Airy Lodge. In 1985 it was turning it a nursing home. I would love to find the area again.

5 replies to this topic
Cleveland, Ohio
1. Re: hillcrest farms resort

Yes, my family was there in the 70's. I did some research in the mid 90's and found out that it did become a retirement community. We were there every August also, but mostly in the 70's. and early 80's I have many pictures from that time. Was your family there in the 70's?

Sturbridge...
2. Re: hillcrest farms resort

I have memories of the place. We went during the Summer and also for a weekend each Winter. The indoor pool, and the "game room" down stairs that had two pinball machines and a Coke machine. They claimed to have a chip 'n put golf course, but it was well grown over. There was a small pond filled with Shiners and a barn that lodged a couple of broken-down ponies.

New Jersey
reviews: 2
3. Re: hillcrest farms resort

My family was also there in the 70's. Do you remember the dances and game nights they would have?

NJ
reviews: 4
4. Re: hillcrest farms resort

Yes I have great memories of that place. We used to go there in the Winter when I was a kid. Late 70's and early 80's. Always on Presidents weekend. With most of the same family and family friends every year. We used to sleigh ride down the hill in the back, try to place ice hockey on the frozen pond. Grown ups would be getting smashed. One year one family brought snow mobiles and let everyone have a turn riding them. There'd be a square dance on Saturday in the 'barn'. My favorite thing was when we would go skiiing at Shawnee or Jack Frost. Some years we even got to ski two days.

Wow I could go on and on about the great memories I have from that place. PM me if you happen to one of the folks that used to be there then

Ashburn, Virginia
5. Re: hillcrest farms resort

Me too. Have great memories president's weekend. Made some great friends from year to year. My sister loved the barn dances while my dad played hockey.

Reply to: hillcrest farms resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted