We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hillcrest farms resort

Which Mount Pocono hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
hillcrest farms resort

Does anyone remember a family resort in the 1980's named Hillcrest farms? When I was a kid my family would go there every summer in August for a week. It was really close to Mount Airy Lodge. In 1985 it was turning it a nursing home. I would love to find the area again.

10 replies to this topic
Cleveland, Ohio
1. Re: hillcrest farms resort

Yes, my family was there in the 70's. I did some research in the mid 90's and found out that it did become a retirement community. We were there every August also, but mostly in the 70's. and early 80's I have many pictures from that time. Was your family there in the 70's?

Sturbridge...
2. Re: hillcrest farms resort

I have memories of the place. We went during the Summer and also for a weekend each Winter. The indoor pool, and the "game room" down stairs that had two pinball machines and a Coke machine. They claimed to have a chip 'n put golf course, but it was well grown over. There was a small pond filled with Shiners and a barn that lodged a couple of broken-down ponies.

New Jersey
reviews: 2
3. Re: hillcrest farms resort

My family was also there in the 70's. Do you remember the dances and game nights they would have?

NJ
reviews: 6
4. Re: hillcrest farms resort

Yes I have great memories of that place. We used to go there in the Winter when I was a kid. Late 70's and early 80's. Always on Presidents weekend. With most of the same family and family friends every year. We used to sleigh ride down the hill in the back, try to place ice hockey on the frozen pond. Grown ups would be getting smashed. One year one family brought snow mobiles and let everyone have a turn riding them. There'd be a square dance on Saturday in the 'barn'. My favorite thing was when we would go skiiing at Shawnee or Jack Frost. Some years we even got to ski two days.

Wow I could go on and on about the great memories I have from that place. PM me if you happen to one of the folks that used to be there then

Ashburn, Virginia
5. Re: hillcrest farms resort

Me too. Have great memories president's weekend. Made some great friends from year to year. My sister loved the barn dances while my dad played hockey.

6. Re: hillcrest farms resort

I would go there with my family on presidents weekend. My uncle Richard Zmijewski would rent the lodge out for the four day weekend for family and friends. We would ski, bring our snowmobiles, sleigh ride, skate, and enjoy the indoor pool. The adults would have a dance on Saturday night and there would be a square dance in the barn on Sunday night for the families. Definitely one of the fondest memories of my childhood!

Chatham, New Jersey
reviews: 3
7. Re: hillcrest farms resort

I, too, have memories of Hillcrest from the 70s. We'd go every year - though I don't recall which holiday weekends,I think Memorial and Labor Day - and meet up with a family from Rutherford, NJ (2 sons) and one (2 sons) from NY whose mom was a lovely singer. (We hailed from Union, NJ)

I believe the manager's name then was Al McCabe.

What fun we had at the pool and barn dances. One stand-out memory is all the adults jumping in the pool fully clothed after a particularly rousing barn dance!

If you are from either of the families I've mentioned, I'd dearly love to hear from you.

Chatham, New Jersey
reviews: 3
8. Re: hillcrest farms resort

For anyone who's a collector of memorabilia, here's a link to a postcard of Hillcrest Farms: https:/…

Enjoy!

CM

Bridgewater, New...
reviews: 7
9. Re: hillcrest farms resort

My family used to go there every Presidents weekend and another week in the summer for maybe 8 yrs or so. I was a waitress and lived in the "lodge"there between '74 and '77. I remember the pool, the pond and family fun night. Callie's Candy Kitchen with the biggest choc covered strawberries ever! Sleigh riding down the hills. My friends crashed their toboggan into a tree (that wasn't pretty). Other than the toboggan, I have great memories. I was from central NJ.

Edited: 10:23 pm, March 31, 2015
10. Re: hillcrest farms resort

Hi, I've been trying to find info on Hillcrest Farms for many years. My family was there in July of '69 for the Moon Landing. Would you happen to remember a small kit car that they gave kids rides on called Tin Lizzy? I also recall a large water tank behind a barn or something similar. We also fished off of a wooden pier on a pond with homemade fishing poles. There was also a drive in movie theater somewhere near by. That was a great vacation. Any info / memories you can share would be very much appreciated.

CB

Reply to: hillcrest farms resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted