We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sesame Place visit in June/Closest beach

Which Langhorne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 35
Sesame Place visit in June/Closest beach

We will be visiting Sesame Place this June. Can anyone recommend a hotel in the immediate area? Could you also recommend a secondary area in case our near-the-park options are booked?

Can you also advise what the closest beach would be? Do you recommend it? How far of a drive?

Is there anything not to miss while in the area? Places to go? And food too?

Thank you in advance.

NJ
reviews: 21
1. Re: Sesame Place visit in June/Closest beach

Look at your map (open another window & visit Google Maps)--closest beach from Sesame if you are talking about the Atl Oc. is 1 1/2 hr drive east. If you want to do it, fastest way would be rte 1 to rte 95 to south on rte 29 (along river), to rte 195 east. It ends by turning into rte 138 & you drive into Belmar from there---use Google Maps to see the names of the towns along the Shore, visit their websites to see what hours are, fee for a day, parking etc. Nice shopping in Spring Lake.

Now I grew up 2 blocks from the ocean---let me tell you, early in June the water is lkely to be a bit chilly for swimming. It takes a while for the ocean to catch up to the warmth on the land. In late June it will be warmer. Keep an eye on the weather foroecast closer to your visit & decide then if you want to do a day at the Shore. May grandmother used to say "Nothing so raw as a day in June!"

About 10-15 min drive from Sesame there is a Courtyard Marriott on Scotch Rd in Ewing, right next to the county airport. marriott.com/hotels/…

There are also a couple of chain hotels near the Newtown PA exits off rte 95.

You would get to them from Sesame by taking rte 1 south briefly---only a few yards, from one ramp right onto another---to rte 95 North (Trenton sign), in a few miles you see them from the highway. For the Ewing one, stay on 95 & take the Scotch Rd South exit after you have crossed the river; it's the third exit.

Roselle Park, New...
reviews: 29
2. Re: Sesame Place visit in June/Closest beach

from what i have seen in the past you will have to make reservations way ahead of time at a hotel near sesame place, i would not wait until the last moment to do this. The Jersey shore is nice and many nice towns, again this is something you will have to book ahead of time depending on which town you go. Belmar is ok but there are really not many amusements to keep the kids busy just basically a beach & arcade, there are other towns that are better which i would recommend. If you are just looking for a place to sleep and arent picky im sure you can find places but they wont be within walking distance to the beach maybe further away.

NJ
reviews: 21
3. Re: Sesame Place visit in June/Closest beach

Belmar has "the closest beach" to Sesame Place, if that is what you are looking for!

I, too, would be inclined to drive farther south than Belmar, but if you are only doing a day trip from a hotel near Sseseame Place, & want the fastest route & closest beach, and only want to splash around in the water, then Belmar be the way to go.

Levittown...
reviews: 20
4. Re: Sesame Place visit in June/Closest beach

i live about 2 miles away from sesame place, let me know if you found anything yet debbie

CT
reviews: 12
5. Re: Sesame Place visit in June/Closest beach

I would recommend Beach Haven, on Long Beach Island. It is closer than AC, very family oriented. There is no boardwalk, but there is a small amusement area, but if you've done Sesame Place I dont know if you just want to concentrate on the beach. There is also Thundering Surf water park, with a separate area for younger visitors, and the Surflight Theater performs live professional theater, incuding a weekly children's theater. The Showplace Ice cream parlor has signing wait staff. June can be a great time to visit, as the temp is generally warm, low humidity, less chance of jelly fish, but the water is cooler. this doesn't seem to bother the kids, but we picked up inexpensive wet suits at Costco just in case and we saw some kids using them, some not. Also in June there is probably still more availability for rentals than in JUly or Aug, and it is not as crowded at restaurants etc.

Also in the area check out the Crayola Factory,in Easton Pa:

www.crayola.com/factory

Philadelphia...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Sesame Place visit in June/Closest beach

I think Point Pleasant Beach would be a good place for you to visit with kids. There is a boardwalk, and an small aquarium. It's an easy ride from Sesame Place; around 50 miles. Get over to 1-195 headed east and stay on until the exit for Brielle/Manasquan/Point Pleasant (34B). Take 35 through Brielle, over the bridge, and you are in Point Pleasant. Jenkinsons Aquarium is a favorite of my 2 young nieces. Spikes or the Shrimp Box for seafood right off the boat. The Sandbar would be appropriate for a meal, and Harpoon Willies would be as well. Casual, but decent food. Joe Leone's in PP is a great Italian take out store with excellent sandwiches, cheeses, and wonderful prepared Italian food. Take a ride around Spring Lake and Bay Head to look at all the beautiful historical homes.

Long Beach Island is a little more difficult to get to from Langhorne, and at least another half hour or so from Langhorne. The ride does take you through part of the NJ Pine Barrens, so it would be a pretty ride, if you do go.

7. Re: Sesame Place visit in June/Closest beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 27, 2009