We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lancaster Quilt and Textil museum

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
southern Germany
Level Contributor
900 posts
88 reviews
Lancaster Quilt and Textil museum

Hallo to all,

does anybody know why the museum is closed to the public at present time?

Thank you,

Q.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
958 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Lancaster Quilt and Textil museum

The museum was unable to financially support itself. It went out of business. At this time, I believe the space is being rented out for special events, but nothing else is going on there.

lehigh valley
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Lancaster Quilt and Textil museum

Four Skis is correct. Attendance was a small fraction of that needed to pay expenses.

However, the collection will eventually be displayed at a new Museum(the 'Campus of History') at President and Marietta Avenues. Projected opening date is Spring 2013. See www.lancasterhistory.org

southern Germany
Level Contributor
900 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Lancaster Quilt and Textil museum

thefourskis, thanks so much for your answer. What a shame - the museum

was full of wonderful quilts. I am very sorry that it is closed.

Greetings,

Q.

Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
391 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Lancaster Quilt and Textil museum

Quiltlover -

Looks like you travel extensively. Will you be coming to Lancaster for the 3012 Quilt Show and Contest sponsored by AQS?

southern Germany
Level Contributor
900 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: Lancaster Quilt and Textil museum

Hi June, yes, I will come again with a little group of fellow quilters - can´t wait!!

I feel so sorry, that the museum could not survive right in downtown. It was perfect during Quilters week - just in the neighborhood. But I understand, that just one busy week a year is not enough....

Gretings,Q.

6. Re: Lancaster Quilt and Textil museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 22, 2014