We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiama - a nice pub needed

Which Kiama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 98
Kiama - a nice pub needed

Hi,

My girlfriend and I (female friend), want to go away for the weekend to Kiama, our favourite activity is to enjoy a few wines together, is there a nice pub in town that is suitable for two 30's ladies to wile away a few hours? We are staying at the Sebel.

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 12
1. Re: Kiama - a nice pub needed

Hi, I've been to the Blue Diamond Bar and Bistro in Kiama for lunch a few times and quite enjoyed it. I think it's actually in the Sebel property (not sure) so it would be handy for you. It had bistro food etc.

2. Re: Kiama - a nice pub needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:49 am, March 30, 2012

Forster, Australia
reviews: 68
3. Re: Kiama - a nice pub needed

There are only two actual pubs in town and IMO neither are the type of place I would recommend for the type of activity you are seeking. There are a number of nice wineries in and around the area, towards Berry and Shoalhaven Heads that might suit you better. Have a look on one of the wine tour sites. I can recommend the Crooked River Winery at Gerringong and the Coolangatta Estate Winery at Shoalhaven Heads for starters. Many also have accommodation packages available. Whilst in the area the Gerroa Fishermans Club has excellent ocean views and great meals.

Greg

South Pole
reviews: 38
4. Re: Kiama - a nice pub needed

two wineries pretty close to kiama with dining facilities are 'crooked river' near gerringong (on the princes hwy) and 'coolangatta estate' at shoalhaven heads.

the pub at the northern end of berry is ok too.

gerringong itself is worth a visit. some nice cafe's.

gerringong-gerroa.com/directory/restaurants-…

just be careful of the hwy patrol in the area and dont go over the limit, speed or alcohol.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 65
5. Re: Kiama - a nice pub needed

Hi deltasmelta. Blue Diamond is in the same complex as the Sebel and is quite nice. The bistro food is good. As a part-time Kiama local, I'd suggest that the two pubs in town are probably not the sort of venue you're looking for.

Another nice winery/restaurant combination is The Silos at Jaspers Brush, about 5 minutes' drive south of Berry. Agree that the Berry pub is a nice alternative if you'd prefer a bar/pub

Edited: 12:55 am, March 30, 2012
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 98
6. Re: Kiama - a nice pub needed

Thanks so much for all the replies, I will definitely look into the winery with accommodation option as that sounds lovely and nice things for two girls to do. Will look at the Berry option also

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 7
7. Re: Kiama - a nice pub needed

Can I also suggest

berrysourdoughcafe.com.au/

It's not a pub & it's in Berry, but my sister and I (30s) go here for a long lazy lunch & a glass of wine then stroll through the village. It can get busy.

Reply to: Kiama - a nice pub needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kiama