We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perranporth (and surrounding area) for New Year 2009

Which Perranporth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
reviews: 55
Perranporth (and surrounding area) for New Year 2009

Hi

My fiance and I are looking forward to a cornish break over the new year and have booked to stay at Leycroft Valley (Shaun seems very friendly and helpful and I will write a review on our return!).

Although we are looking for some peace and relaxation it might be nice to know if there are any new years celebrations happening in the area or if anyone can suggest somewhere we might book for a special dinner that evening?

Thanks!

Cornwall, England
reviews: 15
1. Re: Perranporth (and surrounding area) for New Year 2009

The Watering Hole at Perranporth usually have something special on at New Year. It's ticket only (about £25 - 30) and very popular and it isn't just locals, lots of people visit for this. They have fireworks at midnight and it is a really good show. Having said that, their website is still showing last year's event and I haven't yet heard what the theme this year will be. Of course you don't have to be there to see the fireworks, lots of people watch them from the Promenade. The Seiners also do something New Years Eve. Their Rocks restaurant is probably your best bet for something special, I haven't been there yet, but I have eaten at The Seiners many times and I love the food there, again they are not showing what their plans for New Years Eve are - I guess both places will get around to it dreckly! Are you happy to drive out a bit or do you want to stay local?

Surrey
reviews: 55
2. Re: Perranporth (and surrounding area) for New Year 2009

Thanks for this - we will keep an eye on thier websites.

Happy to drive out a bit.....

Cornwall, England
reviews: 15
3. Re: Perranporth (and surrounding area) for New Year 2009

Schooners Bistro in St Agnes is really good as is Sally's Restaurant (haven't been there myself), you can see some reviews on

http://www.eatoutcornwall.com if you search on St Agnes. Again, I don't know what their plans are for New Years Eve. I would also usually recommend Lewinnick Lodge at Pentire in Newquay (there is one or two good Newquay restaurants really, again look at eat out conrwall) but I would only go early on New Years Eve as Newquay gets really busy and I would book first. http://www.lewinnick-lodge - if the links don't work just type them in (whenever I say that they always do).

4. Re: Perranporth (and surrounding area) for New Year 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Perranporth