We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beaches around Hayle, with easy access for Disabled.

Which Hayle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
reviews: 16
Best Beaches around Hayle, with easy access for Disabled.

Can anyone give me an idea of the best beach, in or around Hayle. I have a blue disabled badge, but I need to be able to park close to the sand, so my Daughter only has a short distance to walk. Even after asking the Police last year, we still drove all around Newquay, without stopping. I can't seem to get any help from anyone. thank you.

Southport UK
1. Re: Best Beaches around Hayle, with easy access for Disabled.

I'd contact the local Tourist Information Centre and ask them

Hayle Tourist Information Centre

Opening times:

Easter until October

Daily 9am - 6pm

Closed Thur, Sat (From 12:30pm) Sun

Tourist Information Service

Hayle Library

Commercial Road

Hayle, Cornwall

TR27 4DE

Tel: 01736 754399

Email: hayle.library@cornwall.gov.uk

and/or check out the Cornwall County Council webite for carparking etc. You could also contact the Council's Access Officer and ask them.

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
2. Re: Best Beaches around Hayle, with easy access for Disabled.

Hi there

Most of the beaches in and around the Hayle area are backed by some pretty large sand dunes which would make access quite tricky. One thought is that if you were to make the shortish drive to Marazion, to the east of Penzance, you can park the car right by the beach at Mounts Bay (great views to St Michael's Mount too).

Bristol, United...
3. Re: Best Beaches around Hayle, with easy access for Disabled.

Thanks very much, I'll probably do that.

Bristol, United...
4. Re: Best Beaches around Hayle, with easy access for Disabled.

Thank you very much, will give them a ring.

Lichfield
Destination Expert
for St Ives
reviews: 79
5. Re: Best Beaches around Hayle, with easy access for Disabled.

As has already been said, beaches in Hayle have quite difficult access for anyone with mobility problems, Marazion has been suggested to you which is a good beach with pretty good access if you park in the car park near the beach which is to the right of The Godolphin Arms. Get into Marazion, when you see The Godolphin, turn sharp right and go down the little street with double yellows. At the end of that street there is parking to the left or straight ahead just past the little hut. You pay at the hut and last time I was there it was £3.00 to park all day. You can then walk down the gentle slope to the beach.

Also, another suggestion I have is Carbis Bay. The road down to Carbis Bay is extremely steep but, as you are driving, this won't matter. You might need to get down there early to get a car parking space on the small car park near the cafe at the bottom. There is then just a gentle slope to your left to get onto the beach. Again, I think this is a private car park and I am not sure of the fee. Not sure, therefore, if your blue badge will be valid in private car parks.

Both beaches have nice easy access.

Suzi

Oxford
reviews: 1
6. Re: Best Beaches around Hayle, with easy access for Disabled.

I agree with the carbis bay beach suggestion for the disabled - parking, cafe and toilets right there! car park is owned by carbis bay hotel - and I think you can pre-book spaces for weekly or monthly hire - might be worth a call to see how easy it is to get a disabled space or even to see if you can prebook for odd days 01736 795 311 .....

7. Re: Best Beaches around Hayle, with easy access for Disabled.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Hayle
Recent Conversations