We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mercantia Fesitval - 2014

Which Certaldo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 7
Mercantia Fesitval - 2014

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Italy in July 2014 and definitely want to attend the Mercantia Festival in Certaldo. My questions are: When is the festival being held in 2014? What inns/hotels are not far from the festival (short walking distance)?

Thanks so much for your responses.

Joanne

1 reply
Barrie, Canada
reviews: 12
1. Re: Mercantia Fesitval - 2014

Hello, Joanne. Have you had any replies yet? Well, I'm going to go for it anyway! The Mercantia website is already showing this year's festival running from July 16 - 20, 2014. They also have a Facebook page that you can follow. Certaldo Alto is a magical medieval place that really comes alive during Mercantia! I was very lucky to stay at Albergo Il Castello for two nights during the festival in 2013. The manager, Alfred, was fantastic, my room was spacious, the food excellent; plus there were artists of the festival staying at the hotel. I booked months ahead but originally there was a computer error in the booking, since Alfred said they usually reserve all of their rooms for the artists of the festival. So, he spoke with his friend who manages Osterio del Vacario in the town and secured a room for me which I would have been quite happy with. Then, Alfred wrote me back to say that they would have a few rooms available, so I booked with him! By staying in Certaldo Alto, you are right in the festival which is boisterous and crowded but really quite friendly and safe. And my room faced outward to the lower town, so it was very quiet. Another very good place is Hotel Certaldo in the lower town. I say it is within easy walking distance to the upper town - you can walk up or take the finiculare (cable car). I stayed there two years ago; it's in a renovated mill, was spacious, and has a small outdoor pool. The only downside to staying there is that it is a bit on the edge of town, adjacent to a roadway, but again, the hotel itself was quiet and not far to walk to the main piazza and up to Certaldo Alto. I hope that is helpful. Buona fortuna!

Reply to: Mercantia Fesitval - 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Certaldo