We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery outside of Certaldo

Which Certaldo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia
reviews: 2
Winery outside of Certaldo

Anyone familiar with the Fattoria di Fiano winery near Certaldo? Curious if they offer any tours, etc.. and if so, what days they may be open?

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Savannah, Georgia
1. Re: Winery outside of Certaldo

Bumping this up. I emailed the winery but have never received a reply. Anyone know anything about this place?

Florence, Italy
2. Re: Winery outside of Certaldo

Haven't heard about that place, but thinking about Certaldo I would also suggest the following:

http://www.castellooliveto.it/

The place is beautifully located on a panoramic spot. Can also be used as a starting or arrival point for beautiful hikes and bike rides.

Mike

Savannah, Georgia
3. Re: Winery outside of Certaldo

Thank you, I will definitely check that out. The other place is of interest to me because we share the same name, so was hoping to go by for a visit.

Murrysville, PA
reviews: 48
4. Re: Winery outside of Certaldo

I would still stop by even if you don't hear from them - can you speak any Italian, just in case?

We actually stopped at a winery that didn't have tours and the owner couldn't speak English, but we still had a great visit and tasted their wines - and bought a couple bottles...

Savannah, Georgia
5. Re: Winery outside of Certaldo

We definitely plan to stop by, even if we don't make contact before hand. I'm working diligently on my Italian, and feel I could at least muddle through a basic conversation at this point.

Glad to hear you had a good experience like that. I look forward to visiting some of the less touristy areas.

Grazie!

UK
reviews: 68
6. Re: Winery outside of Certaldo

google Sticciano - they come highly recommended both for friendliness and quality of wine

Savannah, Georgia
7. Re: Winery outside of Certaldo

Thanks for the suggestion. If the Fiano winery doesn't work out we will definitely be checking out other places.

Anyone in this area know if the Fattoria di Fiano is still in operation? Their website is about 10 years out of date.

Reply to: Winery outside of Certaldo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Certaldo
More Certaldo Topics