We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Certaldo

Which Certaldo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spring, Texas
reviews: 3
Parking in Certaldo

My family and I will be stoping in Certaldo for the morning on our way to Empoli. Can any one recommend a parking garage near or in the old town?

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 15
1. Re: Parking in Certaldo

We are going to Certaldo in September. Did you find a parking lot? I saw that no one answered your post and I would like to know where to find one also

Thanks

Bob

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 44
2. Re: Parking in Certaldo

There is a reasonable size parking lot on Via Roma. It`s at the bottom of the funicular that takes you up to the old town.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3. Re: Parking in Certaldo

Thanks very much. Very helpful.

UK
reviews: 63
4. Re: Parking in Certaldo

Little to see in basso (the bottom town where you park). Alto is beautiful but not much to see or do. Distances are deceptive and roads narrow. Sat nav recommended!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5. Re: Parking in Certaldo

Thanks. We have navi system and I have already pre set some of our routes.

One additional question. Is Certaldo worth visiting? I just saw it on the internet and we added it to the schedule for the day we visit San Gimignano and Volterra.

We are based in Panzano and if Certaldo is just another hill town, we might skip it. During our week there, we will see a bunch of them.

Thanks again.

UK
6. Re: Parking in Certaldo

I'd suggest skipping it unless your route takes you close by.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 44
7. Re: Parking in Certaldo

Well I found the upper town interesting to wander around and it was fun to take the funicular up. The upper town it fairly small.

It was a nice drive, the town was easy and we also went on to Volterra.

Not worth too much trouble but IMO worth a bit of a look.

reviews: 2
8. Re: Parking in Certaldo

can we rent a car in Certaldo ?

UK
9. Re: Parking in Certaldo

I can't recall there being any local hire outlets - it's a pretty small place - unless you''re perhaps arriving by train and hence asking the question then you might have to pick up from nearest airport/large town when you first get to Tuscany. Note also that taxi's are in short supply locally - hence when we were there last year for our son's wedding everyone was strongly encouraged to bring/hire their own wheels.....

10. Re: Parking in Certaldo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, August 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Certaldo
More Certaldo Topics