We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I or shouldnt I?

Which Certaldo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia
reviews: 9
Should I or shouldnt I?

I will be traveling throughout the Tuscany Region of Italy with 9 girlfriends the last week in September 2010. We have researched Villa rentals until we are cross-eyed and finally all agree on “the one”. I have spoken to the owner to verify the availability and for misc. info. I went to give him my credit card number to reserve the villa but the only option we have to reserve it is to wire 1000 euro into his account. I know that this is not uncommon in this part of Italy but my hesitation is that He only has 2 reviews on the site both of which were made within a month of each other. I can not find this villa listed on any other vacation sites nor can I find any independent reviews on it. Please take a look at this and tell me if I am missing something obvious, if I am being silly, or any other way to investigate the villa.

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p12343

Thanks a bunch!!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 70
1. Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

I loved Certaldo but did not check out accommodations when we visited.

I would ask for a few recent references, since this is a lot of money and you cannot find much on the internet. Then call them or email them and make sure it is legit. September is so popular in Tuscany that the villa being available on such short notice would make me question it a bit as these get booked very far in advance in many instances.

It looks great but I am the careful type so I would need some reassurance.

Edited: 3:02 pm, July 09, 2010
Castellina in...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

What's your question exactly? Do you suspect that the villa doesn't exist or isn't as advertised? If yes, look elsewhere. Do you suspect that you will show up and he will deny ever having received your deposit, despite your having the bank records demonstrating that the money was accepted by his bank? If yes, find a place that accepts credit cards so that you can do a charge back. When you spoke to him on the phone, did he have Nigerian accent? If yes, maybe stay in a hotel. You could always contact Homeaway and ask if there have been previous complaints.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 55
3. Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

The house has been advertised with homeaway (one of the biggest out there) since 1999. If there was anything dodgy about it, they would not have been hosting it for more than a decade.

toscana
reviews: 17
4. Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

Hi,

I have been using Homeaway-Holidayrentals for the last three years.

Twice for Canary Isles and this year for Southern Italy.

I never had any problem, descriptions of the house is very well done and always corresponded to reality.

As Peggypatch says the place had been advertised since 1999....

Of course it is up to you to decide, but as far as I am concerned I will stick to this site for my future research on holidays rentals.

Have a nice holiday,

Ciao

miami
reviews: 4
5. Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

We are also considering renting this villa next yr in sep 2011,

have you by any chance found out some more since the reviews are from 2008 ?

the villa looks perfect.

best regards

linda.

la
reviews: 63
6. Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

I too am looking at this property.. any updates

Savannah, Georgia
7. Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

So far everything has been fine. We have sent the final payment for the villa and will be leaving for Italy September 24, 2010. I did purchase the insurance through homeaway for around $60 just for piece of mind. I will be sure to take lots of photo's of the villa for you and to get back to you with some kind of review when I return.

la
reviews: 63
8. Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

I talked to someone in Tuscany about this Villa and he had nothing but glowing remarks so not to worry..

Savannah, Georgia
9. Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

We just returned from our trip to Italy. The Villa was beautiful!! I found a brochure of the villa, named Villa Belsole, while there. When we were looking into booking this property I could not find any reviews and/or information on it. Now that you have the name you will find many different listings for the Villa.

villabelsole.net

www.villabelsole.it

www.myspace.com/villa_toscana

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p12343

The villa had 9 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, a large living area downstairs with several comfy sofas and a big TV, Pool table, foosball table, very large dining room with seating for 12-15 people, large kitchen, living area upstairs, wifi, pool, nice covered area outside and the best views in all of Tuscany. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask. I would rent this villa again without any hesitation. There were 8 of us in the villa but it still felt empty. I could see 20 people being able to stay comfortably in this villa as long as they were not all trying to cook at the same time.

10. Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Certaldo
More Certaldo Topics