We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan del Sur cruise passenger

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lowell...
San Juan del Sur cruise passenger

I will be arriving by cruise ship and have the day to explore the area. Any suggestions for how to spend the day? Are there any private tour companies available? Are there any hotels that aloow daily visitors for a fee?

Thank you in advance.

Dawn

Granada, Nicaragua
reviews: 35
1. Re: San Juan del Sur cruise passenger

there are some companies that do some activities in the area as zip wire or canopy tour (the flying frog) or some Rappelling activities as http://www.aracnerappel.com/.

there are many private companies available that can take you to the same destination as the tour company from the ship for a lower price but remember that they will charge you same price for 1 than for 2 so if you find a friend to go and shared the cost will be better, Places nice to visit a couple of hour away are Granada colonial city and masaya Active volcano.

Byron

http://byronortega.wix.com/tour-leader

Lowell...
2. Re: San Juan del Sur cruise passenger

Byron,

Thank you for your response. Do you personally conduct tours of SJDS, Granada, and the volcano? Do you use a bus, private car, taxi? How long would the tour take?

Dawn

Granada, Nicaragua
reviews: 35
3. Re: San Juan del Sur cruise passenger

if it is a cruse ship arriving that day probably i´m already book by the big company that run the tours of the ship, but i do tours all around Nicaragua and from the ship terminal to Granada or the volcano is about an hour and a half to 2 hours and tours for this day is always better by private vehicle because of the time, but if you want to come to this areas and do not want to buy a tour and be surrounded by many people i recommend to get a cab out side of the port terminal and go to this places.

if need something else let me know.

Byron

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
4. Re: San Juan del Sur cruise passenger

SJDS to Granada?

We arrive by cruise ship and I'm wondering if there is an alternative way to go to Granada besides the ones offered by the cruise line? Better and maybe cheaper or shall I take the easy way out and book the excursion?

Thank for any suggestions

Gabriele

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5. Re: San Juan del Sur cruise passenger

SJDS to Granada?

We arrive by cruise ship and I'm wondering if there is an alternative way to go to Granada besides the ones offered by the cruise line? Better and maybe cheaper or shall I take the easy way out and book the excursion?

Thank for any suggestions

Gabriele

Nicaragua
reviews: 31
6. Re: San Juan del Sur cruise passenger

You do nto have to book a tour through the cruise ship, you can easily go out the main gate of the port and get a cab and take you to different places, these cabs are safe, they are registered at the port and have permission to get clients off the ship and take them around

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
7. Re: San Juan del Sur cruise passenger

Thanks for the info. Do you know how much they charge by any chance?

Aloha Gabriele

8. Re: San Juan del Sur cruise passenger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 22, 2014