We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? Surf camps vs lessons in general...Chica Brava experience

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 7
? Surf camps vs lessons in general...Chica Brava experience

Hi there - Very interested in Chica Brava in Aug - it's the camp in town, not at the fancy resort property they have. I'm curious if anyone has attended camp and/or knows about it as I'll be solo...Also not sure if the wiser way is to just book a hotel and take surf lessons daily on my own...love any advice..

Houston, Texas
reviews: 7
1. Re: ? Surf camps vs lessons in general...Chica Brava experience

Hi blackburn77, I've been to the Chica Brava surf camp twice! I loved every minute of it. The first time was March 2009 and the second was March 2010. After my first visit, I was hooked to surfing. The camp I attended was the over 40 camp, and our group stayed at Cloud Farm, not in town. However, I visited the Surf House in town and, while it was more rustic, I don't think I would have any issues staying there. It's not quite as fancy as Cloud Farm, but does provide the basics. After all, you're there to surf! I would give Chica Brava, Ashley, Anne and Candace two thumbs up! Hope this helps, even if I couldn't provide a firsthand account of staying at the Surf House. By the way, I'm trying to figure out a way i can go back this summer, and I'd definitely be willing to stay at the Surf House.

2. Re: ? Surf camps vs lessons in general...Chica Brava experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 10, 2011