We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yunnan to Burma to laos and back to Yunnan?

Which Jinghong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
reviews: 30
Yunnan to Burma to laos and back to Yunnan?

Is this even possible as of today?

Would be a great thing to do while I am in Yunnan in July, at first I just thought about visiting Laos, but Myanmar is also right nearby.

If it is possible, what's the better way? I was thinking about taking the coach from Jinghong. Have you done a similar trip?

Beijing, China
1. Re: Yunnan to Burma to laos and back to Yunnan?

Hello,

This most likely depends on your citizenship status, in terms of what visas, etc. you will need to make the trip.

You should research cross-border travel operators who work between China and the country you wish to visit (i.e., those that deal with China-Burma travel), or an agent who specializes in cross-border travel. For example, we work with a local partner who helps us with our Tibet-Nepal trips.

Best,

WildChina

Jinghong
2. Re: Yunnan to Burma to laos and back to Yunnan?

From Yunnan to Burma is not easy, if you go by yourself, i think only take a flight to Burma is possible, otherwise you need join a travel agent group, but i don't think you can go from Burna to laos. If you only want to go laos from Yunnan, it very easy, just come to jinghong of Xishuangbanna, you can get more info about Xishuangbanna at http://www.forest-cafe.org/xishuangbanna.htm . If you take a public bus at morning, after 6 to 7 hours , you will be the Louang Namtha of Laos.and also you can your Laos visa at border station.

good luck to your trip

Edited: 11:41 pm, June 21, 2010
Oslo, Norway
reviews: 30
3. Re: Yunnan to Burma to laos and back to Yunnan?

Thank you for the reply. Sorry about the late answer. We ended up just doing China this time (because of the visa issues and uncertain-ness of it all.). Still alot to explore there.

I will keep the answer for another time though :)

Edited: 5:55 pm, July 26, 2010
4. Re: Yunnan to Burma to laos and back to Yunnan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 23, 2011