We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey/Lancaster/Gettysburg

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Virginia
reviews: 3
Hershey/Lancaster/Gettysburg

Hello all. Our family is planning a stay this summer. We plan to spend 2 days at Hershey w/ day trips to Amish Country and Gettysburg. Where is the most centrally located area to stay?

lehigh valley
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
reviews: 10
1. Re: Hershey/Lancaster/Gettysburg

Harrisburg area. The tourist area east of Lancaster would be about an hours drive. Don't plan your"Amish'"daytrip for a Sunday as many attractions/shops/restaurants will be closed

Harrisburg, PA
reviews: 41
2. Re: Hershey/Lancaster/Gettysburg

I agree with brookquarry. In particular, the area near the I-283/I-83/US-322 interchange just east of Harrisburg would be excellent There are quite a few hotels within about a 1-2 mile radius of interchange and this is the junction spot you will frequent on your trip (east to Hershey on 322, SE on 283 to Lancaster, and West then South on 83/581 and then US15 to Gettysburg).

Hershey Lodge in Hershey would also likely fit the bill if you want a bit more upscale and Hershey centric experience including early admission to the park, shuttle transportation to the park, etc. Note however that this will be pricey. If you're more budget conscious, the Harrisburg location is a better choice.

Edited: 3:07 pm, October 07, 2013
Elizabethtown...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Hershey/Lancaster/Gettysburg

I know this wasn't your question, but 2 days is not much time to see all of those areas, especially if a day at Hersheypark is part of the itinerary. They are all great things to see, I just suggest you develop a clear idea of exactly what attractions you hope to see, then perhaps come back here to see if it is truly doable in your time frame.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 114
4. Re: Hershey/Lancaster/Gettysburg

I totally agree with staying in Harrisburg. The Homewood Suites at 3990 Tec Port Drive gets very good TA reviews. There are a multitude of restaurants, stores, and services in the area. There are also a few hotels (Sheraton Inn, Holiday Inn, Wyndham Garden, Residence Inn) in the Lindle Road/Eisenhower Blvd area that are also close to restaurants, stores, and services. Either area gives you great access to the major highways you will need to get to Lancaster, Hershey & Gettysburg.

5. Re: Hershey/Lancaster/Gettysburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 09, 2014