We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Erie, Canada
reviews: 9
Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

My wife and I are traveling to Hershey Oct. 4 - 6, 2013. I'm hoping someone can help me with an inexpensive but nice clean place to stay. We want to do most of are touring in Hershey but also travel out to Amish Country. I have been looking at the Rodeway Inn & Suites on W Areba Ave. Is this a good place to stay? Or should we look elsewhere? Also would like to know how busy it is there this time of year? thanks

Naples, New York
reviews: 7
1. Re: Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

Just a couple miles East on Chocolate Ave is Palmyra, Pa. I found it less expensive than staying right in Hershey. Check out...

Knights Inn Palmyra/Hershey (Formerly Palmyra Motel) 1071 East Main St, Palmyra, PA 17078

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g53401-d314269-R…

We stayed a few times over the years and it was clean and a good value. I wish they still had the restaurant on-site though.

Edited: 3:03 pm, September 25, 2013
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 101
2. Re: Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

There are a lot of lodging options in the greater Hershey area. It would be most helpful if you define "inexpensive" as that term varies from traveler to traveler. Once I know your nightly lodging budget, I can make some recommendations. Thanks.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 60
3. Re: Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

Take a serious look at the Days Inn on Chocolate avenue. Its location and quality for the money is definitely worth a shot. White Rose Motel has consistently been a recommended location for years. Based on my experience about five or six years ago, Milton Motel was a good option too, but recent reviews have been mixed. I've also heard good things about the Best Western and Comfort Inn, although the Comfort Inn seems to be a little more expensive.

York, PA
reviews: 28
4. Re: Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

I think the Milton Motel is changing to a Rodeway Inn.

Pittsburgh...
5. Re: Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

That's unfortunate. I like the locally owned mom and pop type of places. Out of curiosity, do you know what's happening with the Rodeway Inn in the middle of town?

reviews: 17
6. Re: Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

Definitely check out 1825Inn.com....I prefer patronizing

Small businesses over the chains...check them out on Trip Advisor

Pittsburgh...
7. Re: Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

1825 definitely looks pretty but I wouldn't necessarily characterize it as inexpensive. Hopefully the OP can come back and give us a better idea of what he wants to spend.

reviews: 17
8. Re: Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

True I guess it depends what they mean by inexpensive

Islip Terrace, New...
reviews: 7
9. Re: Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

i know its late but maybe next year. we go with ups on these dates and next year we are going to mainstay hotel in grantsville they are affordable and have a nice pool with slide . we went to quality inn and suites on hershey road and it was overpriced and terrible. good luck next year

10. Re: Help finding inexpensive place to stay in Hershey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 12, 2014