We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping while visiting Hershey

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
reviews: 6
Camping while visiting Hershey

We are planning on camping when we visit. I have been looking at the different web sites and we will be staying for 7 days so would really like a place where we can rest after a busy day. We have a travel trailer and coming from NC. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

York, PA
reviews: 27
1. Re: Camping while visiting Hershey

Hershey Highmeadow is the most convenient and, as a result, tends to fill up rather quickly. Do note that there are railroad tracks nearby if you are a light sleeper!

There's also a KOA in Elizabethtown that is worth checking out. I don't recommend the Hershey Conewago, which lost its KOA affliation for a good reason.

North Carolina
2. Re: Camping while visiting Hershey

Thank you for your help. I would hate to hear a train all the time especially on vacation.

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
reviews: 64
3. Re: Camping while visiting Hershey

A train can be annoying, but if your primary purpose for coming to Hershey is the park and other attractions, you really might want to consider the tradeoffs. The travel time, cost of parking ($12/day at Hersheypark) and general ease of taking a campground bus might be worth hearing a train twice a night. It's all your preference, but I thought it might be worth a second thought.

North Carolina
4. Re: Camping while visiting Hershey

Thank you for an additional information.

5. Re: Camping while visiting Hershey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 24, 2014