We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Hershey

Which Hershey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
metro NYC
reviews: 6
One night in Hershey

We'll be coming through Hershey on our way back from a three-week road trip in July. We have two children, 7 & 10. We would like to do either the chocolate factory tour or the theme park but won't have time for both. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm leaning toward the factory as we may be theme parked out by that time. How long would the tour take?

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Beijing
reviews: 152
1. Re: One night in Hershey

Chocolate World is free if you can get through the giftshop without buying anything and pretty interesting (but it is not an actual tour of the factory. They stopped doing those ages ago.) It isn't all that long--maybe just about an hour.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 3
2. Re: One night in Hershey

Hi, Travellevret is right about Chocolate World, it does not take that long to go threw it, If an hour or so is not long enough you could do Zoo America, that is also right there at the park and Chocolate World. I'm not sure how much it cost, I have not been there since my sons 1st grade field trip and that was 3 years ago.

PA
3. Re: One night in Hershey

Kids 7&8 would like the chocolate factory. It does not take much time to go through it. It's a little hokie. If you have a whole day, I know my kids would much rather go to Hershey Park!

Lancaster, PA
reviews: 6
4. Re: One night in Hershey

NYCMom: My in-laws live less than 3 miles from Hershey Park so without exageration I can say we have probably toured the free chocolate factory more than 150 times. With 149 of them being off season. (The factory is open year round, the park isn't) The tour only takes about 10 - 12 minutes but the line to get in could be up to an hour or even more depending on time of day. They put you in little cars (2 in front, 2 in back) and you go through the process of making chocolate and the history of Milton Hershey. After the documentary they give you a minature candy bar and you walk into chocolate paradise! Candy, milkshakes, sundaes, ice cream, you name it. But its pricy. I think the last time we went 4 milkshakes cost almost $20.00. The park on the other hand is an all day affair. $40 for aged 9 - 54 and $23 for 3 - 8 year olds. Great rides but a long day.

Get answers to your questions about Hershey