We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A little help needed here please

Which Harrisburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin.ireland
reviews: 35
A little help needed here please

Hi Trip advisor experts A little help needed here please I am travelling with my husband from Ireland to New Orleans end of August start of September 2014. staying for one week then on to Philadelphia for a week but we are going to take 4 days and stay in Gettysburg I have researched and come up with a blank on how to get to there. What I have researched so far is if we fly from New Orleans to Philadelphia then get a little plane to Harrisburg PA, and stay there a couple of days, how do we get to Gettysburg from there on public transport? Is there a tour bus that does tours from here? We will not be hiring a car, also where is the best place to stay in Harrisburg? Tina.

4 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 65
1. Re: A little help needed here please

Personally, I'd rent a car, but you can try this for starters. Looks like route 15N is your best bet.

…rabbittransit.org/rabbitEXPRESS/Schedules.a…

…rabbittransit.org/SchedulesMaps/rabbitEXPRE…

Edited: 9:37 pm, June 11, 2014
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 108
2. Re: A little help needed here please

I agree that renting a car is your best option. If you are going to rely on the rabbittransit to get from Harrisburg to Gettysburg, I would probably stay at the Harrisburg Hilton at 1 N. Second St or the Crowne Plaza, Harrisburg-Hershey, 23 S. Second St. Both are in downtown Harrisburg very close to where you would get the transit to Gettysburg.

You will need to get a taxi from the airport to either of these hotels.

Edited: 11:43 pm, June 11, 2014
gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 44
3. Re: A little help needed here please

Bailey Coach is another possibility. We have used their service to get to BWI (the Baltimore airport) and they were very nice, although it was somewhat expensive. You could try pricing BWI to Gettysburg directly and skip Harrisburg if you decide to go with this route.

http://www.baileycoach.com/index.html

Once you are in Gettysburg, you can easily get to attractions by the local bus service. Many hotels are located along the bus line. You can find a map here:

rabbittransit.org/Schedules/FreedomTransit.a…

I do see the Rabbit Transit buses every day and they look very nice and new if you decide to go with them. My only worry would be the luggage issue...but the buses never seem crowded so I don't see how it would be a problem.

dublin.ireland
reviews: 35
4. Re: A little help needed here please

Thank you all so much for the quick replies I am going to do a bit of researching into the info you have all giving me, and I might have to come back and ask you a few more questions if that is ok with you guys.Tina

Reply to: A little help needed here please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted