We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early may visit

Which Harrisburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Shore of...
reviews: 18
Early may visit

Planning a trip in early May for a dog show and we are looking for activities and recommendations for food. Staying in camp hill. Thanks for any help!

5 replies to this topic
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 82
1. Re: Early may visit

What are your interests, what do you like to do? Knowing that will help me give you some suggestions. Thanks.

South Shore of...
2. Re: Early may visit

we like to go to craft fairs, flea markets, wander through downtown areas. I like the idea of finding unique (not malls) shopping and eating places-A good ice cream shop-I saw that there is a minor league baseball team-that could be enjoyable too.

South Shore of...
3. Re: Early may visit

also gardens and easy hikes with the dogs would be great. Thanks for the help!

Edited: 8:40 am, March 16, 2014
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 82
4. Re: Early may visit

There are some unique shops in downtown Harrisburg; however, not a lot. Unfortunately, I don't get downtown much during the daytime hours when they are open so I cannot recommend any specific shops. Second Street in Harrisburg is known as Restaurant Row with an abundance and great variety of restaurants and bars. Again, it's not a locale I tend to frequent so making specific restaurant recommendations would be hard.

Rock Bass Grill at 461 S. Front St, Wormleysburg is good, nearby is Dockside Willies and Duke's.

City Island is where the minor league baseball team, the Harrisburg Senators, have their stadium. You can walk around the island and it offers scenic views of the city and West Shore. You can purchase Senators tickets in advance; however, we have always been able to get tickets at the gate. It is definitely an enjoyable way to spend an evening. There is also Water Golf on City Island.

I would recommend Mazzoli Ice Cream at 72 West Governor Road in Hershey. Their ice cream and gelato are homemade. Some other places you might want to try for ice cream are Kristy's Whistle Stop, 600 S. Enola Road, Enola; The Meadows Original Frozen Custard, 740 Wertzville Road, Enola; and The Soda Jerk at 403 E. Main St, Hummelstown.

For a nice walk/hike, I would recommend either walking along Riverfront Park in Harrisburg or Wildwood Park in Harrisburg.

http://www.wildwoodlake.org/

South Shore of...
5. Re: Early may visit

Thank you for the recommendations!

Reply to: Early may visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted