We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kelso beach rentals

Which Erie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hamilton
kelso beach rentals

Wondering if anyone has recently rented a cottage from kelso beach rentals. The last reviews written in 2006-2009 were not very good. Looking to possibly rent there?

PA
reviews: 2
1. Re: kelso beach rentals

I can't give advice on the Kelso cottages, I have not seen them or know anyone who has rented.

I can reccomend the cabins at Camp Sherwin. Camp Sherwin is right no Lake Erie and it's run by the YMCA. Cabins are available to rent on a nightly basis.

You can Google Camp Sherwin for more information.

PA
reviews: 2
2. Re: kelso beach rentals

I can't give advice on the Kelso cottages, I have not seen them or know anyone who has rented.

I can reccomend the cabins at Camp Sherwin. Camp Sherwin is right no Lake Erie and it's run by the YMCA. Cabins are available to rent on a nightly basis.

You can Google Camp Sherwin for more information.

pittsburgh, pa
reviews: 1
3. Re: kelso beach rentals

My family stayed at Kelso's August 2010. We were very disappointed. Their website is the epitome of false advertising. All of the beach house "units" were actually apartments. "unit 4" sounded like a 2 story house but was actually an upstairs apartment. The extremely small deck didn't even face the water and the complex had a row of houses in front it. Another reviewer called this place a "shanty town", I should have listened. The homes that are owned were in nice condition but other than that they were all a few feet apart and in disrepair. I will say that the apartment was clean except for the bedding. Our mattress pad actually had blood stains on it and everything had large yellow stains. Our kids did enjoy the beach but other than that we will definitely look for another place to stay next time.

Buffalo, NY
4. Re: kelso beach rentals

We also rented a Kelso cottage in August 2010. Shanty town is a good analogy. Kelsos are completely overpriced for what you get. I spent the same amount of money for a beautiful ocean home in New Jersey and a nice house on a salt pond in Rhode Island. The kelso website is very misleading. Our tiny apartment came complete with its own 'get off of my lawn guy" who screamed at the kids the first day for bouncing a ball outside. We felt a bit 'trapped' there. Although it was a little stinky, I prefered our stay at the Inn at Presque Isle. The pool was beautiful and it was much cheaper than Kelsos.

5. Re: kelso beach rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 14, 2011