We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not posting vacation booked house

Which Waldport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Rosa...
reviews: 5
Not posting vacation booked house

I booked a vacation at Seabreeze Suits, Waldport, Oregon. And when I got there, having prepaid, someone was already staying in the unit. The phone guy, Jeff Dobson would not answer his phone and I see this as a very bad mark on Seabreeze. I did not loose my money, but I was in the cold, at 10 pm. THIS IS VALUABLE INFO

9 replies to this topic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 131
1. Re: Not posting vacation booked house

Hi and welcome to the forums!

This is the Support Forum. For your information to be valuable to other to members, you need to post on the Waldport forum. Click below:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g52117-i16221-Wald…

Silvia

Massachusetts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
2. Re: Not posting vacation booked house

... topic moved from the TripAdvisor Support forum to Waldport, OR forum.

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 737
3. Re: Not posting vacation booked house

Thanks Jane :-)

Dollie1, write a review of that property. You don't have to actually "stay" somewhere, just have first-hand experiences with the property. If you had a confirmed reservation but they rented your room to somebody else, then you can write a review.

I read your review of the "Alsi". I laughed :-) That place was built in the 1960's and has had dozens and dozens of owners since then. Most lost money.

Santa Rosa...
4. Re: Not posting vacation booked house

I would love to hear more about the Resort-what gives with that place?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
5. Re: Not posting vacation booked house

Well, it's just a hotel that was quite deluxe way back about a half century ago. But now it's just an old outdated, poorly designed white elephant that various owners think they can "return it to its former glory" and pour money into it, find they aren't making a profit and then somehow manage to foist the place off on another starry eyed buyer . . . and the cycle continues ;-)

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Newport, Depoe Bay
reviews: 36
6. Re: Not posting vacation booked house

Hmm, since I lived in area a half-century ago got curious where it was. I did not remember a Sea Breeze. but suppose that is a new name. It is across Hwy from Forest Service RS where I was a few times in my work years. but don't remember seeing it then.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Newport, Depoe Bay
reviews: 36
7. Re: Not posting vacation booked house

As another comment. why is it so important to put it Waldport forum. I never check Waldport and wonder who does, but I saw it.

I understand need to do that in Calif and Flor, but question why worry in Oreg. not that busy

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
8. Re: Not posting vacation booked house

I think Dollie was referring to the old Bayshore, phirl, now called "Alsi", where she stayed.

SeaBreeze is fairly new, maybe 10-15 years old or so. It's on Corona Court. I think the units may have started out as small apartments, but can't remember.

_________

Edit -

TripAdvisor staff member Jane moved the thread from the Support forum. I assume she moved it to the "city" location of Waldport, rather than the general Oregon one :-)

Edited: 5:12 pm, July 30, 2013
Santa Rosa...
9. Re: Not posting vacation booked house

Thanks for your friendly reply. I tried to post the regular way, but because I had not stayed there tripadvisor would not post-told me to go to Waldport forum. I did try again to post based on your advise. We will see how that goes. FYI We ended up at the Alsi later that night, thus the confusion. My title for our vacation stay in Waldport would have to be 2 bad to stay any longer.

Thanks for the support, D

Reply to: Not posting vacation booked house
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waldport