We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chinook rv park on alsea hwy 3 mi from waldport

Which Waldport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 24
chinook rv park on alsea hwy 3 mi from waldport

we'd heard this park is a good place to stay, so we rented a space for one month. for reasons we can't figure out, the owners are very friendly when you 1st arrive, but then they become

suspicious, hostile and accusatory without just cause. no one else we've spoken to understands their problem. we are quiet, clean and obey the rules, yet they really put a damper on staying at this lovely location. maybe someone knows the situation. meanwhile, we would not recommend this park to anyone.

6 replies to this topic
Vancouver...
reviews: 24
1. Re: chinook rv park on alsea hwy 3 mi from waldport

Mary, always two sides to every story; especially one from a first time poster. Chuck...

Vail, Arizona
reviews: 4
2. Re: chinook rv park on alsea hwy 3 mi from waldport

I can't believe this post from 2011 is still available. This park is more than excellent. It has the cleanest bathrooms ever. Minimal bathrooms because most guests have full size RV's and larger bathrooms aren't required. The grounds are maintained at an A+ level. Dogs are welcome and there is a huge grassy field by the Alsea bay where they can be exercised off leash. Neighbors usually cooperate with each other regarding their children & pets. (I would imagine an occasional scrooge may occur.) But best of all are the hosts. They are friendly and helpful. They care about the well being of their guests and staying here is a pure joy. I hope the disgruntled people from 2011 will be disregarded as this is our favorite RV park. We tow a 23-foot trailer from Arizona and enjoy our neighbors and welcome insight from each. So we do judge fairly and as a result cannot recommend this park enough. There is no pool and there is no playground equipment. There is plenty of grass for kids to play ball and run. Otherwise, I recommend this park for people interested in fishing and sight seeing. Top notch in my opinion. Peaceful and scenic, too.

Michegan
reviews: 21
3. Re: chinook rv park on alsea hwy 3 mi from waldport

My husband and I discovered this RV park by accident ( we had no set itinerary for our recent road trip ) and liked it immediately. We were able to pitch our tent in a lovely grassy spot with a perfect view of nature at its best. The host was extremely helpful as well as informative, so much so that we stayed an extra day just to sit back and relax. Not having an RV, we were particularly happy with the cleanliness of the washrooms as well as the laundry room, especially after a month in National Parks and State Forests! We have recently purchased an RV and will certainly visit Chinook RV Park again.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
4. Re: chinook rv park on alsea hwy 3 mi from waldport

I have notified TripAdvisor to add Chinook RV Park to their database. When it is listed, I'll let you know and you can post reviews if you'd like :-)

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 8
5. Re: chinook rv park on alsea hwy 3 mi from waldport

I have to agree with the original post here. We intended on staying here a couple of months (Sept and Oct) before the rains start. This is a nice location but the owners are just odd....they were very nice when we first arrived but soon complained about how I parked the truck, what I was recycling, what I left on the picnic table, how much garbage I was throwing away, how much water we used to wash off the crab traps....and more.

You might do better if you are dog owners (as the owners are). We complained about people leaving their dogs tied up outside their trailers and left to bark. It was explained to us that many rver's travel in their rv's to accomodate their pets. Heaven forbid they should accomodate paying guests looking for a quiet place to stay. Not much was ever done about the dog situation.

We packed up and moved to a park closer to town (and with better facilities and views). Would not recommend anything more than an overnight here (if you have to).

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
6. Re: chinook rv park on alsea hwy 3 mi from waldport

To posters Sherryaz1 and surfsideMichigan --

Chinook RV Park is listed on TripAdvisor and it would be great if you would like to add your reviews to the one that poster "A M" submitted. I'm a long time RVer and always encourage folks to post reviews for RV parks and and campgrounds . . . the number of RV parks listed on TA has been steadily increasing over the years :-)

Click on the blue link below:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52117-d4811743…

Glad you both enjoyed your stay along the central Oregon coast!

Reply to: chinook rv park on alsea hwy 3 mi from waldport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waldport