We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

Which Tigard hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 4
Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

So what's the scoop. Do I pack my guests up and take them to Portland or just sit back and enjoy the fireworks in Tigard? Is there more than one display? A neighbor mentioned fireworks at Tigard High....

Portland, Oregon
1. Re: Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

There are fireworks at Tigard High, but I don't think they draw much of a crowd. Fort Vancouver would probably be a hassle, but the fireworks in Portland are nice too. They fire from a barge in the river, between Morrison and Hawthorne bridges (I think).

If you think Portland would also be a hassle, go to the fireworks stands north of Vancouver a few days before the holiday and buy your own. They got some good stuff there, most of which is illegal here, of course. But my neighbor police officer has never hassled me, and in fact kicked in some bucks last year to my annual neighborhood fireworks show.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Newport, Depoe Bay
reviews: 36
2. Re: Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

we have been to Tigard High 2 or 3 times. and they are pretty good, but we have more or less new guy in our neighborhood who does it and pretty good for up close. and a few others do it too nearby.

and you can see several in distance depending on where you live.

But if you want to go out and see, suggest Tigard for this year. Vancouver can be a mess.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
3. Re: Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

Chicogirl--You might want to ask a few neighbors if your street does anything special. Ours does a huge bbq...a huge potluck, and then tons of great fireworks. Seems every street has at least one person who goes to WA for the "good stuff".

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 14
4. Re: Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

We were on the Riverwalk, between the bridges for the Rose Festival fireworks, which were fired off the barge on the river.

It is a great viewing location, anywhere on the riverfront or Waterfront park..our necks got kind of tired from looking up so I think you can comfortable see everything from farther away than right up close.

So my vote would be pack up the guests and come in...the main crowds were walking so I think if you drive in, it won't be awful driving back afterwards.

Tigard, Oregon
reviews: 2
5. Re: Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

The fireworks at Tigard High were very good last year.

IMHO The other best option is Portland waterfront: my best experience: park at the Smart Park garage on Jefferson between 1st and 2nd on an upper floor for a great view!!

Portland, Oregon
6. Re: Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

Hey thanks ...since I live less than a mile from Tigard HS I think we will try the hometown feel this year and go over there...my neighbors tell me they walk over to the Summerfield golf course and watch the fireworks from there.

Keep the local info coming!

Best health club/gym?

More good places to eat? (Craving a great breakfast out, a good taco stand and a good burger)

How about a super local bakery....is there one in Tigard?

Any churches anyone want to recommend?

Mahalo...shucks, this ain't the Maui forum is it...thank you...

Portland, Oregon
7. Re: Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

Hey, Robr55, congrats on your first post...I feel honored!

Portland, Oregon
8. Re: Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

Hey, Robr55, congrats on your first post...I feel honored!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
9. Re: Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

Best gym...very good YMCA in Sherwood. Right on 99, so easy to find. In Tualatin, try Club Sport.

Bakeries...in Beaverton try Beaverton Bakery. Other than that, we go to Portland.

Churches...mistletoe will probably be a good source for that. But what denomination are you looking for? We have a lot of community style churches around here . Again, just a bit down the road from you in Sherwood is Countryside Church. Even friends from McMinnville come here for that. Great youth programs as well.

Portland, Oregon
10. Re: Fireworks in Tigard on the fourth of July

You know we're getting old when we're spending Friday nights on an internet travel board, lol.

Best Tigard club/gym? Is there a good one, lol? We belong to the 24 Hour at Scholls & Murray. Nice club with lots of equipment, a gym, aerobics room, spinning room, lap pool, sauna, and jacuzzi. But not very convenient to where you live, Chicogirl. The Sherwood Y might be easier.

Best bakery? Again, do we have one? Either head to Beaverton, or Lake Grove, where you'll find La Provence (thought for sure you'd mention this place, Mtngrl).

Churches? What denomination? We drive to a Lutheran church in Hillsboro; it's a long story...

Breakfast? Davidson's is our favorite local place. But Biscuits on Beaverton-Hillsdale is better.

Mahalo works. So does mauruuru. Whichever, have a good evening all.

Get answers to your questions about Tigard