We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet, scenic, intimate and golf during spring break

Which Sunriver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington
reviews: 1
Quiet, scenic, intimate and golf during spring break

Ive never been to the Bend area. Hubby wants to golf. I'd like to jog, go rock hounding, walk, and encounter few kids. Looking for a more adult oriented destination. I've looked at the Brasada website, and it looks lovely. Would the weather be nicer at Brasada or SunRiver? We do like to have our own cooking in a rental. Also access to restaurants.

Thank you

Caroline

reviews: 11
1. Re: Quiet, scenic, intimate and golf during spring break

Based on the description you provided I would definitely reccommend Sunriver. The bike trails throughout the Sunriver resport are perfect for walking and jogging- the river loop is especially beautiful! While you are likley to run in to a few Spring Breaker familiess, Spring Break doesn't tend to be as busy as summer time at Sunriver. I'd reccommend staying at a Sunriver vacation rental home located more in the center of Sunriver, away from the hustle and bustle of the Village Mall if you're looking for a place a little more quiet. We've stayed at this vacation home that we found on VRBO: http://www.vrbo.com/331463 and we found it quite cozy, very relaxing and quiet. Good Luck! Kathleen

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Newport, Depoe Bay
reviews: 43
2. Re: Quiet, scenic, intimate and golf during spring break

well, oreg and wash have different spring breaks, so that migh help the kid thing. but wash seems to find way to oreg anyway during their spring break;

We have never stayed at Brasada, but have been there. Sun River easy choice for me. a lot more to do. It is a small rural town. never have been bothered by kids there, area is just too big. the pools can get over busy.

Edited: 9:02 pm, January 04, 2012
Bend, Oregon
3. Re: Quiet, scenic, intimate and golf during spring break

Hi, Caroline. (Full disclosure - I do work for Brasada Ranch).

Just wanted to answer the question: "Would the weather be better in Sunriver or Brasada?" (during Spring Break). There are a number of micro-climates in Central Oregon. Sunriver lies at 4,200 ft. and Brasada Ranch at about 3,100 ft. and is further east from the Cascade mtns. Because of this, the weather at Brasada tends to be more suitable for golf in the Spring and is the reason why the course is open year round.

Hope that helps. Have a wonderful trip to Central Oregon!

Washington
reviews: 1
4. Re: Quiet, scenic, intimate and golf during spring break

Thank you for the info, Cassie! We decided to go to Baja for spring break, but will go to Brasada mid-June. Just hope it's not overrun by kids that time of year. We figure the flyfishing and golf would be better that time of year. You lucky dog! Workin' at a nice place like that! :-)

Caroline

5. Re: Quiet, scenic, intimate and golf during spring break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, May 27, 2014