We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations

Which Sisters hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sumner, Washington
reviews: 205
Hotel recommendations

My wife & I are staying two nights in late Aug hotel ? Places to eat.

4 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 35
1. Re: Hotel recommendations

Two thoughts:

At the west end of town is the Best Western Ponderosa Lodge. Haven't stayed there myself but have driven by more times than I can count, and wouldn't hesitate if I were looking for a room in town. http://bestwesternsisters.com/

At the east end of town (and rate spectrum, I presume) is Five Pine Lodge. http://www.fivepinelodge.com/ Except for pitching a tent on the grounds once during Cycle Oregon, I haven't stayed there either. But I have had meals at the nearby restaurant and brewpub, and would recommend them both. Been too long since I've had other restaurant meals in Sisters, though, so can't be of much help there.

Sumner, Washington
2. Re: Hotel recommendations

Thanks on the info. we were looking at the Ponderosa, for a few night getaway. Did you do any bicycle riding in the area ? Is there any bicycle paths?

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 35
3. Re: Hotel recommendations

No bicycle paths that I know of in/around Sisters, but except for busy hwy 20 through the center of town, it's mostly local traffic on the roads, and there aren't many people living there.

You might take (or ride) your bikes to Black Butte Ranch, 8 - 10 miles away, park at the little General Store (first left as you enter), and ride the miles of bike paths there. Beautiful mountain views, quiet meadows, towering ponderosa pine..... My family's enjoyed cycling there for decades. Should be able to pick up a bike path map either in the store or across the street where guests/residents check in.

Another thought is to take the bikes to Camp Sherman, park at the General Store, and ride around there. Highlights are the Metolius River and surrounding forest, and if you're up to it, the fish hatchery 5 miles downriver. I've ridden around there, and have seen a bike path, but don't know where it starts or ends. But I'm sure the folks in the General Store could tell you. Even if you're not riding bikes, I expect you'd enjoy Camp Sherman.

Edited: 4:26 pm, August 20, 2014
Sumner, Washington
4. Re: Hotel recommendations

forgot about Black Butte ranch we went there in the late 70s Funny our daughter now 42 learned to ride her bike there . thanks again

Reply to: Hotel recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted