We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike into Sisters from Sisters KOA?

Which Sisters hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
217 posts
21 reviews
Bike into Sisters from Sisters KOA?

If we stayed at the Sisters/Bend KOA, would it be practical to bike into sisters? In other words, is there a good shoulder to the road and is it fairly flat? Do people routinely bike along here or would it be suicidal? Thank you

1 reply
Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Bike into Sisters from Sisters KOA?

It would be Hwy 20 all the way. Cars moving fast, not many bikes along that stretch.

I haven't personally ridden out there, but have been hearing about the Brooks-Scanlon Rail Trail. (There's a map on the Bend Parks & Rec website: http://www.bendparksandrec.org/Parks__Trails/trail_List/) To access it and travel to Sisters from the RV park (no longer a KOA) you'd head west on Peterson Ridge Rd (just south of the park), north on NF-4606/Brooks Scanlon Trail, then north on Three Creeks Lake Road and into town. It's around 5mi one way (compared to 4mi on the highway) - and again I haven't ridden so I can't remark on conditions. I don't think it's paved so wouldn't be suitable for a road bike for sure.

Reply to: Bike into Sisters from Sisters KOA?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted