We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bestwestern ocean view and seaside going down hill..

Which Seaside hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
portland
Bestwestern ocean view and seaside going down hill..

Just got back from are last stay ever at seaside and bestwestern oceanview hotel......The hotel is in real need of updateing and a good cleaning,workers where rude and really didnt care about the guest......We had room 304 and it was filthy are kid had room 306 and it was just as bad!.......The room was cheep because it was midweek but went up to over $300 for the week in,talk about ripping people off!~I would rate this hotel like a cheep motel six with more durt!....The hotel states its NONSMOKING yet we could smell smokers all day and night...even on the verada there was ashes from smokers and this was ocean view with the ocean wind blowing all the time and still the ashers where there,so you could see how many smokers there had been and how durty it was if even the wind couldnt blow away all the ashes.....Seaside has really gotten bad...young punk kids hanging around all over the place having smartass things to say as people walk by,shops with nothing but crap to sell and food thats like your at a fair!......I will never go to seaside again and start going to cannon beach when i go to the beach...I just wish cannon beach had more ocean view rooms......ONE MORE THING...I HATE HOW SEASIDE HOTELS RIP OFF THERE GUEST BY JACKING UP THE PRICE OF ROOMS IN THE SUMMER AND ON WEEKENDS....rooms that go for $125 are jack up to over $400...Bestwestern and shilo are the worse for this!This wouldnt be to bad if the hotels just keep up the hotels and didnt let them run down like they do!

reviews: 767
31. Re: Bestwestern ocean view and seaside going down hill..

Thanks for that info, Lexi. We love spending time in Seaside, glad your time there was pleasant. :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 17
32. Re: Bestwestern ocean view and seaside going down hill..

Honest hotel staff are always something to Rave about. My son lost a good watch in a hotel once in Cape Cod and when we realized it we called immediately, the room was probably not even done yet by the maids, but they said there was no watch. We did not believe this..so I am happy to hear good stories like yours, Lexi.

syrahgirl, don't you rent a little beach house in Seaside?

We are neighbors, I live near Lexi dog :)

Portland, OR
33. Re: Bestwestern ocean view and seaside going down hill..

Rockaway/Twin Rocks beach is the best in the Northern coast

washington
34. Re: Bestwestern ocean view and seaside going down hill..

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I've been going to Seaside a few times a year for over 10 years, and I agree there is an decline. I wish it would go back to the good ol calm days. Now it seems overcrowded in the summer. I prefer to go in winter now just for smaller crowds.

Personally, I would never stay at the Shilo or Best Western. The only thing your getting from them is brand name. You can stay at an oceanfront condo for the same amount and theyre much more comfortable.

reviews: 767
35. Re: Bestwestern ocean view and seaside going down hill..

We had a gorgeous afternoon at the beach here in Seaside today. We went to Sam's Cafe for coconut prawns and clam chowder. The prom was bustling with activity. We enjoyed some beach time down by the cove and Ave. U the went to the Wine Haus at the Seaside Outlets for some wine tasting.

We finished our day off with a great meal at Tora Japanese Restaurant which took over the space where Kalypso used to be. This is one of my favorite dining rooms on the Oregon Coast, the food was really great, it's nice to have a great Japanese restaurant in the area. :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 17
36. Re: Bestwestern ocean view and seaside going down hill..

Brrr..I hope the beach warms up this week in Seaside!

Weatherman says it is in the 40's!

37. Re: Bestwestern ocean view and seaside going down hill..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Seaside