We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

Which Salem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redding, California
reviews: 8
Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

So I need your advice. It's my friends 35th in November and I told her we were going to get a night away from the kids, dogs and hubbies and that we would find some great shopping, maybe a spa treatment and some really good food!

I live in Southern Oregon and thought a trip to Lincoln City on the coast would be nice but can't seem to find a nice spa hotel there and have no idea about food!

Then I thought about Woodburn, just south of Portland....never been there either, but also having a hard time finding a fun relaxing time for some burnt out moms!!

I know everyone will say Bend, but I don't want to risk the drive in snow or pay the extras just because it is Bend!!

Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

Albany, OR
reviews: 3
11. Re: Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

Bridgeport Village has a website:

http://www.bridgeport-village.com/

I'd recommend it as well - fun place to shop!

Redding, California
reviews: 8
12. Re: Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

Alright, I'll take a trip report any day for some good shopping and good food.

Now I challenge you with: Where is there some really good sushi on the southern side?? Sure I looked in the yellow pages listings, but how do you know if it is good? I need some more help!!

Thank you very much!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 17
13. Re: Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

"Southern side" ... of Portland?

I live in the NW so I am not help with that..in my neck of the woods, Shin Ju is good for sushi and we have a SushiLand on NW 10th and Davis..they are both quite good.

We are going to Bridgeport Tuesday, so you will get the report after that ...complete with food and drink reviews. lol

Portland, Oregon
14. Re: Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

There's a Sinju in Bridgeport Village, too. Have been there a couple times, and found it to be good, both for sushi and other Japanese dishes.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
15. Re: Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

Scarlett and I met at Bridgeport today. Coffee, shopping, and lunch:) We took mistletoes advice from another board (www.portlandfood.org) and had lunch at Split, a new restaurant and wine bar there. As usual, his recommendation was good:)

There is a Dosha Spa coming into Bridgeport soon, and a Coldwater Creek Spa is already there.

I would still recommend Portland for a special trip, but if you can work it to a couple days, I would include Bridgeport. I think I take it for granted a bit since it is only about 10 mintues from my home.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
16. Re: Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

Yes, Thank you mistletoe for the recommendation, Split was a very nice lunch and I think my husband and I will enjoy it for dinner when we can have wine too..it is a very nice room..the waiter was great.

Shopping at Bridgeport is always frustrating to me, I never allow myself enough time to browse and end up having to leave before I have been to every single store lol.

It is a very nice shopping "village"..and now with all the nice restaurants, I imagine it is always going to be busy ..

Central Oregon Coast
reviews: 1
17. Re: Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

If all you want is shopping Portland is the best, but to relax and enjoy the sounds of the Ocean try Lincoln City, less traffic and everything is laid back and relaxed. Rejuvinations spa is in the Taft area of Lincoln City, also very near Mo's reastrunt... great food, deceant price. And besides the manager is the nicest young man you will ever meet and he has a beautiful wife and 2 great children... hmmm can you guess he is related...lol

Oregon
18. Re: Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

Bridgeport Village is just west of Lake Oswego, just off I-5. They have a Crate & Barrel, Ann Taylor, Coldwater Creek, etc. It is supposed to feel less like a mall and more like a cute little village.

We are even more shopping deprived in Albany.

19. Re: Girl's Weekend Getaway....Outlet Shopping Oregon!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 18, 2009