We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Addition to Portland Eats

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 14
Addition to Portland Eats

Alert ! Alert! lol

Leonidas Fresh Belgian Chocolates opened on SW Washington and my husband and I have already made ourselves sick on taste tests.

My daughter brings chocolate home for us each year from her trips to Belgium, you have to keep it in the fridge and sadly, you must eat it within a certain amount of days...difficult , I know.

So add this to the list you have with Verdun, Moonstruck and whatever other chocolate shop you like.

Anyone else have a new restaurant or food spot to add?

Hiroshi has its own thread..please feel free to add your favorite newbie eats here :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
1. Re: Addition to Portland Eats

I'm still debating about whether or not I should thank you for this information, lol! Ok, on Monday, you need to take me there:)

And those European chocolates...ahhhh...I cannot wait for Paris in June!

Portland, Oregon
2. Re: Addition to Portland Eats

"I'm still debating about whether or not I should thank you for this information..."

Me too, Mtngrl. Good chocolate is one of my 25 biggest weaknesses. ;-)

Other than Le Pigeon - which is very good, though not really new anymore - we've been going to the old standbys lately. But we've got reservations this weekend at 1001; read it's pretty good.

Hope to get to 23 Hoyt before too long, and have also heard that Typhoon is taking its Broadway location more upscale and renaming it. Like their food a lot, so I'd be interested. Anyone else heard anything?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
3. Re: Addition to Portland Eats

I did a search and found the store, lol! OMG, it is just a block from our hotel tomorrow night! Hmmm...chocolate store or go to the wedding??? I'm thinking chocolate might win out;)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
4. Re: Addition to Portland Eats

Yes, that was what I was going to tell you. It is almost across the street from the 5th Avenue Suites lol...

We especially enjoyed the dark chocolate orange rinds and dark chocolate truffles.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
5. Re: Addition to Portland Eats

mistletoe, let me know when you will be at Ten01, maybe pup and I can run over and say hello, or better, we will stand at the window and look pitiful while you all eat :)

The menu changed, it looks much more appealing to us as does the lunch menu..I think Mtngrl and I will be there Monday.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
6. Re: Addition to Portland Eats

Oh Scarlett, there is a great little chocolate place in Seattle near Pike Place Market that does the orange rinds! The owner is great and insists that you try many items:)

7. Re: Addition to Portland Eats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 22, 2009