We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip to Portland from San Francisco

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 1
Road trip to Portland from San Francisco

My husband and I would like to take a roadtrip to Portland to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. This would be our first trip traveling that far up north. We have done several trips to Eureka and back in the past, and would love to venture further. Any suggestions for stops, restaurants, places to stay and must see sights along the way are welcome! When would be the best time to take this trip? I realize it may be getting too cold soon... Thanks to everyone in advance for your suggestions!

15 replies to this topic
Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 90
11. Re: Road trip to Portland from San Francisco

Go out to the CRGNSA. It's not a National Forest, it's a National Scenic Area chuk full of waterfalls and basalt cliffs and beauty. It's east of Portland on I-84. Look on the Oregon Forum page under Top questions on the top right hand of the page.

If that sounds good to you, let us know and we can fill you in on what's happening there. (just sayin', there is a very good group of wineries and vineyards there)

MrsO

12. Re: Road trip to Portland from San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, November 16, 2013

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
reviews: 125
13. Re: Road trip to Portland from San Francisco

Gary B is the owner of the place he's touting. Inappropriate.

Hawaii
reviews: 8
14. Re: Road trip to Portland from San Francisco

Thank you for the advice. I will start a new thread... As for the food carts can you chime me in to that?

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 90
15. Re: Road trip to Portland from San Francisco

Angel, there is a link on top questions on the top left of the Portland Forum page,

m

Reply to: Road trip to Portland from San Francisco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted