We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help - Near Rose Garden Arena

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 15
Hotel help - Near Rose Garden Arena

I just bought Pearl Jam tickets for my husband and I. We will be there from Nov 29-Dec 1.

I am not familiar with Portland at all, so I don't know the area. Would it be wise to stay in a hotel close to the arena? Are there hotels in the area?

We are 35 and 40 years old, and he LOVES beer, so we want to be close to a fun area to be to experience Portland properly.

Hotel recommendations?

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 100
1. Re: Hotel help - Near Rose Garden Arena

Hi there,

You have a lot of options. Can you tell us what you had in mind? Cab close within 5 minutes, Metro-(transit) close or you don't mind a crowd and driving? Budget too is a consideration. What kind of room do you prefer? We can help better with a little more info from you.

If it helps you may look at the Crown Plaza or Hilton Doubletree or Red Lion. They are all very close. We stayed there to avoid driving home after a concert. Google in on that area (also called the Lloyd District)

If you are adventurous you may like to stay downtown (across the river) in the downtown core. Just more of a drive after.

Good luck and glad you got your tickets.

MrsO

reviews: 767
2. Re: Hotel help - Near Rose Garden Arena

What is your budget for lodging? :)

Anchorage, Alaska
3. Re: Hotel help - Near Rose Garden Arena

My budget would be around $180ish.

We don't mind driving back from the concert, and we paid for the parking option when I paid for our concert tickets. I would rather be in area where there are good dining and shopping options, so maybe the downtown area?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
reviews: 147
4. Re: Hotel help - Near Rose Garden Arena

Check the Inn at Northrup Station. Good rooms, parking and on the streetcar line. Great way to escape the traffic drag before and aftr a show. I'm big on the streetcar because I live in The Pearl and find it the nicest way to move around the city. I also walk across the Broadway Bridge for Rose Garden Shows. Might be an option for you. Have a wonderful visit!

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 164
5. Re: Hotel help - Near Rose Garden Arena

I've found some great deals for the Crown Plaza on NE 2nd ave just a few blocks away from the Rose Garden.

For beer (a man of my own heart!), I'd recommend Upright Brewing (great craft beers; less than 1/4 mile away), Hair of the Dog brewery (best brewery in PDX IMO; 1.5 miles south), Baileys Taproom (best taproom in PDX IMO; downtown, 1 mile away), and Spirit of '77 (bare bones drink lots sports bar; loud & fun; 3/4 mi).

Have fun!

Anchorage, Alaska
6. Re: Hotel help - Near Rose Garden Arena

I know this is old, but we ended up at Hotel Monaco. Fantastic hotel and in a great location.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 100
7. Re: Hotel help - Near Rose Garden Arena

Good for you.. Hope you had a good time here.

MrsO

8. Re: Hotel help - Near Rose Garden Arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 25, 2015