We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday food tour - Epicurean or Forktown North Mississippi

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Simons Island...
reviews: 13
Sunday food tour - Epicurean or Forktown North Mississippi

My group of six ladies will be visiting Portland for the first time in September and want to take a food walking tour on a Sunday. It looks like Epicurean offers their tour on Sundays and Forktown offers their North Mississippi tour that day.

Which of these do you recommend for a first time visitor? We'd love a little local history, etc. mixed in with the tour.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 100
1. Re: Sunday food tour - Epicurean or Forktown North Mississippi

Hello,

I am sorry your post has set here so long with no answers. With the exception of MSUBulldog I am thinking no one has experience with these two tour companies. MSU must be out of town as often is the case.

We do try to get to each post as it comes in so that we don't leave any without answers for long. I hope someone can step in here soon.

Best,

MrsO

Saint Simons Island...
2. Re: Sunday food tour - Epicurean or Forktown North Mississippi

Thank you. We decided to go with the Epicurean Tour since it begins at 10:00. The Forktown would put us late for our 5:00 event at the hotel, but it really sounded better to me.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
reviews: 61
3. Re: Sunday food tour - Epicurean or Forktown North Mississippi

I'm not out of town, just busy with other events & life, so not checking TA as much lately. I'd seen this post over the weekend but didn't reply (as I'm employed by Portland Walking Tours - an obvious bias). Guess I'll just add: thank you for choosing "us" and I KNOW you'll have a great time on your Epicurian Tour! :)

Cheers,

Brian

Saint Simons Island...
4. Re: Sunday food tour - Epicurean or Forktown North Mississippi

Thank you so much, Brian. I'm sure we will love the tour. Any favorite downtown restaurants for 6 middle aged ladies?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
reviews: 61
5. Re: Sunday food tour - Epicurean or Forktown North Mississippi

Paula:

My favorite "downtown" places include: Clyde Common, Lardo, Little Bird, Southpark and Grüner. Add: Park Kitchen and Piazza Italia if you're north of Burnside. Byways Cafe is a really good breakfast spot and Blue Star makes great donuts (as an alternative to the über-popular Voodoo Doughnut). Enjoy!

B

Saint Simons Island...
6. Re: Sunday food tour - Epicurean or Forktown North Mississippi

Thank you!!

7. Re: Sunday food tour - Epicurean or Forktown North Mississippi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 24, 2014