We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three Days In/Around Portland

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 20
Three Days In/Around Portland

Hi, we will be visiting Portland from Aug. 2-4, a weekend. We hope to take one day to explore the wine region near Portland, one day to go to the coast and see Cannon Beach and other locations, and one day to walk around the city. I know this is a bit of a rush but we'd like to see/do as much as possible. We're wondering about the best area of the city to stay in if we'd like to do some walking tours. We will also have a vehicle and could hop around to different areas if needed. I have been looking at hotels in the city center at this point. We're looking at $150 - $200 a night places. Any suggestions as to places to stay and things to explore would be greatly appreciated. I'll continue to read forum posts about attractions, places to visit as well. Thanks for your help!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
reviews: 145
1. Re: Three Days In/Around Portland

Check out The Inn at Northrup Station. Excellent location, free parking, close to freeways to the coast. Plus in a great neighborhood for restaurants, boutiques, etc., and easy walk to downtown.

Mississauga, Canada
2. Re: Three Days In/Around Portland

Thanks! It looks like a great place but they say they are full on the dates we need. Will continue to browse, maybe will find something else in the area.

3. Re: Three Days In/Around Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, July 05, 2013
reviews: 714
4. Re: Three Days In/Around Portland

Check out Hotel 50. My son has stayed there and enjoyed it. :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 757
5. Re: Three Days In/Around Portland

The Inn at Northrup Station seems to be very popular with people. Reviews... tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52024-d240603-…

I've never been there and most likely won't ever stay there so don't care one way or the other, but what's wrong with suggesting a place that is so popular, gnetworker? And free parking is always a plus in congested Portland, IMO ;-)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
reviews: 145
6. Re: Three Days In/Around Portland

Embassy Suites downtown is also a lovely hotel with reasonable prices.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 29
7. Re: Three Days In/Around Portland

Looks like the thin-skinned hall monitors have no better sense than to throw the baby out with the bath water. The baby in this case being gnetworker's suggestion of Hotel Modera. It doesn't get a lot of play on this forum, but for what you're looking for, D&M, it's a better fit than Inn at Northrup Station.

Ireland
reviews: 42
8. Re: Three Days In/Around Portland

Wait a second, my post was deleted? For saying that the Inn @ Northrup was being pushed too hard by one of our resident "experts"? This was the same post in which I found a specific hotel, with specific availability, in the OP's price range.

Methinks the "Destination Expert" in question is wielding a bit too much power.

Thank you, thrumylens, for resurrecting the suggestion, at least. And shame on the "hall monitor" in question.

Mississauga, Canada
9. Re: Three Days In/Around Portland

Hi, thanks to everyone for the suggestions and sorry that there has been some minor upset around my question. We are now in the process of adding an extra day to our visit to Portland because there were too many things we wanted to see/do. After reading posts about the Columbia River gorge with its waterfalls and parks, we decided that we needed a day to hike and see the sights. You live in an amazingly beautiful part of the country!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 757
10. Re: Three Days In/Around Portland

Some basic TripAdvisor information for those who are either new or are making assumptions.

A DE cannot get a post removed. Period.

TripAdvisor staff does not "monitor" the forums.

When a post gets a certain number of reports of "inappropriate content", it gets automatically removed. To get a post removed, it takes more than one poster to click on the "inappropriate content" button. Each poster has only one click; any subsequent clicks from the same poster will not be recorded.

For complete information about the posting guidelines, visit the Help Center, located at the bottom of any TA page :-)

Enjoy your visit to Portland, D&MUpnorth. For any specific questions about the attractions in the Gorge, you might want to start a new thread :-)