We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfalls

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tracy, N.California
reviews: 1
Waterfalls

Is there another must see waterfall besides multonomah waterfall?? We are going to multonomah but love to see another or hike (easy quick hike) to another one

Also we are going in July and wondering if there will be water on them?!?!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
1. Re: Waterfalls

Not far past Multnomah Falls is Horsetail Falls. You can see that from the road. If you take that trail just a bit, less than half a mile, you come upon Ponytail Falls. Two a twofer for no work;)

Another is Bridal Veil Falls, which is also along the old scenic highway.

There will definitely still be water in July.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 91
2. Re: Waterfalls

If you start your drive from Troutdale, and go over the Historic Columbia River Highway, you will see many waterfalls along the beautiful Sandy River. As you go up the mountain, you will go through Springdale, Corbett, and come to the Womans Forum for views then to the Vista House where you can meander through 3 stories under the copper dome. On the outside you will be able to get beautiful pictures of the Gorge.

Lauterall Falls is along the way. If you turn off at Guy Talbot Park, you will go to the base of this fall. Just drive down to the bottom of the road, (before the concrete bridge) MAKE a right, and look at the covered barbeque area, then walk to the left and up a short hill to the base of the waterfall. It's beautiful.

Then you will drive past a few others like Wahkeena, and come to Multnomah.

The others are right about the rest. This is a good year to waterfall watch. I have a book called PNW Waterfall Lovers I got at the gift store at Multnomah Falls but I bet you could order it or get it before you come here.

Best,

Mrs O

reviews: 740
3. Re: Waterfalls

Wahkeena Falls is very pretty! You can walk right up to the falls there. It's the perfect spot for photos. Enjoy! :)

Edited: 11:41 am, March 30, 2013
Tracy, N.California
4. Re: Waterfalls

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info!

Great information!! Thank you!

Columbus, OH
5. Re: Waterfalls

This is great info- we are considering taking our 1.5 year old baby. Are these hikes do-able with a baby (we would have him in a back pack carrier).

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
6. Re: Waterfalls

Some are. I would check www.nwhiker.com for difficulty level then use your judgement. I have had infants go to the top of 620' Multnomah Falls with parents abd then come into the Visitor Information Center (there) and I always give them a Certificate of accomplishment for their baby book. (you would have to swear for them)

There are nice exhibits in the VI.

Bring back what you took

watch out for poison ivy

do not pick flowers but leave them for future generations and other visitors

be careful not to scatter rocks on others or something.....

It's a 1 mile with the swithchbacks.

Mrs O

Los Angeles...
reviews: 12
7. Re: Waterfalls

Bridal Veil Falls, Latourell Falls, Wahkeena Falls and Horsetail Falls are some easy waterfalls to visit near Multnomah Falls.

Multnomah Falls:

world-of-waterfalls.com/pacific-northwest-mu…

Bridal Veil Falls

world-of-waterfalls.com/pacific-northwest-br…

Latourell Falls

world-of-waterfalls.com/pacific-northwest-la…

Wahkeena Falls

world-of-waterfalls.com/pacific-northwest-wa…

Horsetail Falls

world-of-waterfalls.com/pacific-northwest-ho…

Columbus, OH
8. Re: Waterfalls

Thank you for the additional information!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
9. Re: Waterfalls

All the hikes mentioned are easy to do with a baby in a carrier, so don't worry about that at all.

Going to the top of Multnomah Falls is easy, just steep. It is paved almost all the way though and most people are just in regular tennis shoes, and I have seen many people do it in sandals. I have done this numerous times and just wear light tennis shoes and am fine.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
10. Re: Waterfalls

Be aware that a couple of years ago we had a slide at the viewing area.. It is tricky to do the last .2 mile as it is slippery and not well maintained. I wouldn't try it in tennies or with a baby carrier. If you check into the Visitor Information Center at the corner of the building the volunteer behind the desk can apprise you of any updates.

Best,

Mrs O