We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visiting - please help!

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
First time visiting - please help!

Hi there,

I need a little advice. It's my boyfriends 30th birthday and so i'm bringing him to Portland from London as he regretted not visiting when he travelled America a few years back. It's a relatively short trip, we arrive on 16th February 2013 and leave 19th/20th to head to Seattle.

Obviously I want to make the most of this for him, so I was wondering whether you could recommend good areas to stay for this short time. We'd like to be within easy reach of a transport system for sightseeing, but it doesn't have to be a "trendy" area...just near to nice little cafes, restaurants etc. I know it's a question with such a broad answer, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

London, United...
11. Re: First time visiting - please help!

Blimey,thank you so much for all of this information! It's so helpful,will sit down over the weekend and have a look. At least there's around a month from my boyfriends birthday until we depart,so if I show him what's out there he can decide too :-) so excited to visit America once again!! I've always wanted to go to Portland and Seattle as I love the rain (and it's a good job as I live in dreary England!)

:-) so appreciative for all of your help,thank you very much :-)

austin, tx
reviews: 10
12. Re: First time visiting - please help!

What do you think of the Monaco Hotel and surrounding neighborhood>

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 91
13. Re: First time visiting - please help!

Lilypearl, are you asking for yourself or to help? If you want to know, I would suggest kindly that you start your own thread. That way you will get personalized information.

It's easy and it will all be for you.

MrsO

14. Re: First time visiting - please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 22, 2014