We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to this location on Marquam Freeway / I-5 highway

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 16
How to get to this location on Marquam Freeway / I-5 highway

Hi,

Is there a way get to the location from where the attached photo is taken by public transport? Apparently, it is on the Marquam Freeway / I-5 highway. I am sorry for not having a more specific location but given the number of images made from here available on the internet, I am hoping this is a pretty well-known place.

Visiting in 2 weeks for 2 1/2 days in Portland before heading to the Gorge. Will not have a rental car until the last day in the city and hence the question of public transport.

Thanks in advance.

http://500px.com/photo/1204809

Oregon
reviews: 27
11. Re: How to get to this location on Marquam Freeway / I-5 highway

Here's a similar perspective [not exact, though]. The description says "atop Marquam Hill."

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…MarquamBridgeHill.jpg

Seattle, Washington
12. Re: How to get to this location on Marquam Freeway / I-5 highway

I am not sure what an appropriate prize would be, I am open to suggestions :)

If I could get a good shot like the one I referenced in the original post, perhaps I could make a print and mail Mrs O with a thank you note.

I probably won't have a car the day I visit OHSU...I am just planning to go on the TriMet site and use the "plan a trip" tool to find out the then best option.

Seattle, Washington
13. Re: How to get to this location on Marquam Freeway / I-5 highway

Runningwithsc,

From the POV, my referenced image seems to be shot SW of the one you found. Yours is quite close though.

14. Re: How to get to this location on Marquam Freeway / I-5 highway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 07, 2013