We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oregan cabins

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
reviews: 4
Oregan cabins

We hope to visit Portland and would also like to stay in an idyllic log cabin on a lake but have no idea where to choose. We hope there might also be somewhere that our 16 and 19 offspring can do some rafting and canoing,We fly into Vancouver and hope to visit Seattle but otherwise we are open to suggestions of spectacular scenery but not touristy.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
reviews: 145
1. Re: Oregan cabins

OK, I need help here from other Oregon folks to get specific. There is a lake off the Santiam Pass (southern side about midway thru) that has great little log cabins with boating options. I've stayed there and loved it, but unfortunately I can't remember the name of the lake...

Portland, Oregon
2. Re: Oregan cabins

Are you thinking of Suttle Lake, mamababoo? Aside from the new lodge, there is a small marina, restaurant, and a number of small cabins nearby.

I'm confused by your post cakemaker. Between Vancouver and Portland, where does the cabin fit in? Suttle Lake is a couple hours drive south of Portland.

Portland, Oregon
3. Re: Oregan cabins

Are you thinking of Suttle Lake, mamababoo? Aside from the new lodge, there is a small marina, restaurant, and a number of small cabins nearby.

I'm confused by your post cakemaker. Between Vancouver and Portland, where does the cabin fit in? Suttle Lake is a couple hours drive south of Portland.

Portland, Oregon
4. Re: Oregan cabins

Portland, Oregon
5. Re: Oregan cabins

sorry!!! don't know how that happened!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
reviews: 145
6. Re: Oregan cabins

I wish I were thinking of Suttle Lake, but it doesn't ring a bell

Bend, OR
7. Re: Oregan cabins

Oregon : )

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 14
8. Re: Oregan cabins

That is funny :)

Two posters have posted Oregan ..

Bend, OR
9. Re: Oregan cabins

Maybe originally midwesterners : )

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 14
10. Re: Oregan cabins

Remember the discussion about how to pronounce Oregon? I think that was on TA.

It was funny, then I realized that my husband was pronouncing it the wrong way LOL NYer that he is .. We worked on him and he got it right in no time lol.