We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland - Knott Street Inn

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 9
Portland - Knott Street Inn

Does anyone have any info on the Knott Street Inn in Portland? There is only one review from 2006 and it is positive. I have had difficulty communicating to make a reservation - have to call (no internet communication) and I called and left messages. I finally got a call back saying one room was available. I called back almost daily for over a week to book the reservation - left messages until I finally got the owner. She sounds nice but not too organized - everything is really loose - now all the rooms are available - she couldn't even find a pen to take my info. Two nights deposit by check is required. Now I'm nervous about booking this inn - can anyone help me? I don't mind easy going and am not too fussy but dont' want to get locked into 2 nights paid at a place I shouldn't book. THANKS>

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
reviews: 59
1. Re: Portland - Knott Street Inn

Hi aquawaters:

Sorry, no experience with this place...looks legit but not much of a write-up on any other websites I could find...

However, I can recommend a very nice B&B just a few blocks from Knott St. My wife and I stayed at Georgian House in the same Irvington neighborhood just before we moved to Portland. Very nice & extremely helpful hosts, beautiful close-in neighborhood (it's near where we now live), good breakfasts, etc.

If you aren't comfortable with the treatment from your Inn of choice, I recommend giving Willie at Georgian House a call...

Hope that helps,

Brian

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
reviews: 145
2. Re: Portland - Knott Street Inn

I know nothing about the Inn, but would be concerned if I were booking about the customer service. I also would never consider writing a check in advance for a service I have not received. Be careful!

Connecticut
3. Re: Portland - Knott Street Inn

Thanks for your messages - I did contact Georgian House and will book a room there. Too many iffy feelings about Knott Street Inn.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
reviews: 59
4. Re: Portland - Knott Street Inn

Nice - sorry the first place didn't work out. I'd have been leary, too (2 night deposit - in advance?!?!?)!

Hope they take really good care of you at Georgian House. Please post back in the Portland/Oregon forums if you need any more info about your visit...

Cheers, B

Connecticut
5. Re: Portland - Knott Street Inn

Thanks Brian - we are booked at the Georgian House for 3 nights. As our visit in August gets closer, I'll post for some restaurant & sightseeing musts.

6. Re: Portland - Knott Street Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 29, 2009