We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to eat in portland??

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
where to eat in portland??

any suggestions?? open to trying all types

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 17
11. Re: where to eat in portland??

The London Grill, noraray, is in the Benson Hotel, nice but no raves here. There is also El Gaucho, one of the most expensive steak houses in Portland.

I have heard elsewhere that a good steak can be found at Ringside, where the price and atmosphere is much more to most peoples taste..( most people being people who actually have eaten in these places)..

Then bluehour is supposed to be great with steak too. I eat there but am not a steak eater :)

A new bar/eatery has opened in my neighborhood, between Vault and Everett Street Bistro is District.

I really love the decor, mis-matched comfortable chairs, big bar, chandeliers and interesting menu and drinks.

We will hope it lasts longer than the Taqueria Nuevo that was there before.

Seattle
reviews: 1
12. Re: where to eat in portland??

I was in Portland Saturday night and have a new favorite restaurant there ;-)-- the Bluehour in the Pearl District. I love cheese and this restaurant has their own "fromagiere"--I had a cheese course instead of dessert with different selections she helped me pick out, and it was just fabulous as was the whole dinner.

I also had a great breakfast Sunday morning (a dutch baby, yum) at Everett Street Bistro--get there early though, it's very popular!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 17
13. Re: where to eat in portland??

Yes! Isn't breakfast at Everett Street Bistro good?!

I fell in love with the french toast but in the summer we had brunch almost every Sunday lol and the crab cakes and salad are great too.

We had dinner there last week, Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic :D

Come back in summer and enjoy Happy Hour at bluehour..sit outside .. that is my favorite :)

14. Re: where to eat in portland??

thanks everyone for so many suggestion, I'm looking forward to my first visit to portland. I always love trying new things. I'm from the North East and go in to Manhattan often

15. Re: where to eat in portland??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 13, 2009