We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Ontario like, how big, jobs, and business?

Which Ontario hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reno
What is Ontario like, how big, jobs, and business?

We are looking to move out of the Reno, NV area and would like some "eyes" as to what Ontario or Vale are like.

My husband knows ranching, just hasn't done much in the past few years. He is into construction at this time. Are there many jobs available for administrative/clerical?

Would love to move somewhere it is quiet and great for a teenager.

Thanks!

Moving again

Bend, Oregon
reviews: 5
1. Re: What is Ontario like, how big, jobs, and business?

I suspect that many of us living in Oregon, myself included, have only passed through Ontario or Vale to get to destinations further west. I was last in Ontario about a year ago (driving through) and it is a town of over 10,000 people and I thought it looked like a nice place. Their local paper is the Argus Observer that you can find on-line and look at the classifieds for the kinds of jobs that are open. I've been through Vale too. It's a very small town that has nicely painted murals on many of its buildings. Other than that, I know nothing about it but that it has less than 2000 people. I would think a teenager would enjoy the larger town of Ontario unless s/he is used to a really small town atmosphere. Practically anywhere in Eastern Oregon, you'll find quiet.

Las Vegas...
reviews: 8
2. Re: What is Ontario like, how big, jobs, and business?

I have only driven through Ontario, and have never been to Vale but....A good friend of mine, with whom I attended both high school and college, is a teacher in Ontario. We grew up in the Milwaukie area and are native Oregonians, but now I'm in Las Vegas counting down the days 'til retiremenet and a move back to Oregon! Anyway, she has two pre-teen boys and loves Ontario. She says there's no place else she'd want to raise her kids.

Get answers to your questions about Ontario
More Ontario Topics