We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whaler location wo car?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa Canada
reviews: 2
Whaler location wo car?

Realize limits of no car so no advice in that regard needed. Wondering if a week at Whaler works in terms of walking to historic district, shops, restaurants etc. Sounds like beach easily accessible and it gets good reviews here as well as being affordable. I see town shuttle and can figure out public transit routes and schedules to see some of surrounding area.

Ottawa Canada
reviews: 2
11. Re: Whaler location wo car?

I've booked studio through Inn at Nye Beach and was able to obtain AAA discount via phone. Likely still going shuttle route and renting a car for a couple of days to see longer stretch of coast via day trips. Thanks to all. I'll post a trip report late September.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
12. Re: Whaler location wo car?

I think you will be much happier having a car. There is so much to do/see that you need a car for, so it will be well worth it!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 787
13. Re: Whaler location wo car?

Glad you decided on a car at least for a couple of days, Avoca. Enjoy your time on our beautiful Oregon coast!

Did I suggest you try Nana's? It's an Irish pub within easy strolling distance and has great food. Very busy though! We always eat on the patio unless it's raining :-)

14. Re: Whaler location wo car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 01, 2014